Setting fields - it's driving me mad! (Send in the shrinks)

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Is it just me, or is this a real problem in this otherwise very enjoyable game?

PC player to clear any confusion.

I'm literally spending more time setting fields over and over than actually batting or bowling. If i set one then click X to set for all, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. If i get a field to stick, sometimes the next over its back to a different field. I move a player from one position to another, sometimes it doesnt work first time, i do it again, then it does. Sometimes i need to reset fields for new batsmen in or change of bowling, sometimes i dont.

Its literally all over the place and is really frustrating.

There was an option in DBC 14 to save user made fields and be able to use them which was a godsend, as i had certain fields id use for new to the crease batsmen, certain fields to attack or defend or contain etc, and i could just literally load it up whenever i wanted from saved fields and there it was - that option to save created fields doesnt seem to be there in DBC 17, or is it, and im missing it completely?

Is it just me having these really frustrating times with setting fields?

Any help/advice/tips much appreciated!

tangledbrave

School Cricketer
Yes.facing this issue in console. It is really frustrating and breaking the rythm of the game. Sometimes I stop setting fields and I just play on. I'm sure they will fix it in next patch. I assume PC guys will get the fix earlier than console.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Is there any way to save user created fields that was there in '14, that im missing?

If there is it would be a huge help to the current frustrations.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Yes - of course.

I can create custom fields fine, but sometimes they work, sometimes they dont. Hitting X to apply to all sometimes works, sometimes doesnt, and i cant see any option to save a user created field setting to be easily loaded at any time, anywhere?

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yeap , its a total pain in the Butt , imagine it coupled to the fact that us online folks get timed out after 30 seconds (per over) , and then have to bowl the rest of the over with some ridiculous field .

Must be a difficult one to get right , as I would have thought that they would have fixed it for the PC release .

Reactions: Pat

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeap , its a total pain in the Butt , imagine it coupled to the fact that us online folks get timed out after 30 seconds (per over) , and then have to bowl the rest of the over with some ridiculous field .

Must be a difficult one to get right , as I would have thought that they would have fixed it for the PC release .

Or that there were bigger issues to take care (e.g., batting) of and they didn't get to the field settings and default field sets. I'm hoping Big Ant fix the outstanding PC version issues, take care of default field sets (current ones are way too aggressive and unrealistic) and field setting issues (i.e. fields which actually stick). Once they nail these things down and push them as a patch on PS4, it's gonna be a great game.

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This for me is the biggest issue currently stopping me from enjoying the game. Hopefully it gets fixed on PC soon and makes it on Consoles as part of Patch 3.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Agreed - its the most glaring issue of an otherwise good game.

Just to be clear then - is there no way whatsoever it is possible to save a user created field like it was in '14?

DeadShot

Club Captain
There has been instances where I spend 3 to 4 minutes try setting correct field but end up with some random field. This is frustrating especially in shorter formats of the game.

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Agreed - its the most glaring issue of an otherwise good game.

Just to be clear then - is there no way whatsoever it is possible to save a user created field like it was in '14?

It is certainly possible to create user presets in the Academy. You can also attempt to apply them using Field Editor - but at the moment due to this bug, the fields may or may not apply correctly. But if you try a couple of times, it usually works.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Best way to set fields now is to save a couple of Custom Pre-set fields made in the Academy . Then in the game , once you reach the screen where you can select the field , press "Up" on the D-Pad so that it jumps straight to the Preset Fields shortcut . Click that and then just choose a preset . DONT fiddle with the players ie moving one oke around. Apply this field

If it doesnt take that field (or just moves one guy to a different spot , repeat the excercise until is "Sticks" with your field (or sometimes just dont)

This is the only way for us to try and get them set , until the Very short 30 seconds is up for the Over , and you try it all again next over. (Online Version)

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Thanks Pat and Acid.

Good to know there is a way to do it.

Yes ive noticed that a lot, you set a field then just one player, one solitary player, is in a position he shouldnt be.

I didnt realise user created fields had to be generated in the academy - could be a lifesaver that tip.

Unnati Reddy

School Cricketer
I think i figured it out, atleast for me. After u r done setting fields wait for 2-3 sec and press "O" button (back button) in ps4. It will let u know if you cant set these settings, there are some crazy rules in every gameplay ,like in 5 ovr match it doesnt let u more than 3 players outside cirlce all the match. If u r good it automatically saves and u r good, if not change accordingly and try. It had worked for me.

Users who are viewing this thread