Should the National Selection Panel be renamed as Chennai Selection Panel?

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
MS Dhoni
S Raina
S Badrinath
L Balaji
M Vijay
M Gony

And now... Sudeep Tyagi.

There are equally, if not more, talented people all over the country but these guys are given bit of a special attention.

Is the Indian team turning more into a Chennai Super Kings team?

EVERYONE PLEASE READ-

For the benefit of people bad with abbreviations, I referred to the "Chennai Super Kings" Selection Panel as the Chennai Selection Panel instead of writing CSK Selection Panel. I guess there's a word limit for the title as well, and Chennai fits in well. At no point have I referred to ANY player as being from Chennai. I've spoken about the IPL franchise they play for, which interestingly no one really understood. Considering the fact that most of you people took less than a second to pass a judgement, I request y'all to atleast read the whole thing before commenting. It had a line which said-

If still many of you choose to naively ignore the crux of the thread and interpret it your way, I really can't help it :)

Last edited:
I think selection of Balaji, Badrinath, Vijay is not apt as there are many people who can perform better than them.
Balaji can be replaced with Gony. Badrinath can be replaced with Uthappa (even agressive player) and no need of Vijay as the strongest opening pari of world is from India at this moment.

Suresh Raina he is a great talent and he deserves to be in the Indian side.S.Badrinath He is a class player and he too deserves to be in the Indian side regularly.L Balaji He is a great bowler but because of his injury he can 't cement his place in Indian squad.M.Vijay Have you seen hi batting even legend player live Sunil Gavaskar said that he is a class player.

MS Dhoni
S Raina
S Badrinath
L Balaji
M Vijay
M Gony

And now... Sudeep Tyagi.

There are equally, if not more, talented people all over the country but these guys are given bit of a special attention.

where were u when all these when bombay was dominating??

Yet another raj thackery??? u better dont mess with us

It could just be the selectors think they are the best people for the job.

I personally don't have a problem with it, as only one out of the six names you mentioned have cemented their place in the Indian side, being Dhoni.

Maybe they just have the best youth programme/academy system which allows them to produce the best youth talent?

A few years ago in NZ we had a similar situation.
Over half our regular team (I think 5 or 6 out of the 11) were from Canterbury.
They included Harris, Cairns, McMillian, Bond and Astle.

Delhi has 4 player playing in XI. ;)

Same is the case with Australia running.
half of the squad is from NSW.
But they're performing.

Well no Chennai player actually plays in XI. Dhoni and Raina are from central India. :doh

Or the Dhoni Selection panel? :mad: And,yes,the selectors are against players from Mumbai,for some unknown reason. :noway

OMFG, that is so sad.

This is officially the end of test cricket as we know it. Dhoni has just been named as a Chennai player.

Lalit Modi, I hope you go to hell!

Dhoni is Jharkhand, Raina and Tyagi are from Uttar Pradesh. Balaji, Badrinath, Vijay have all got chances but no one of them is in the team yet. Badrinath and Vijay are serious future prospects. Badri is being given a very raw deal. We all saw Vijay's batting in that test against Australia. He is cool, calm and very composed. He has great chances of becoming a serious India international player for the future in tests/ODI's. Balaji is almost over and wont play anymore probably.

Only Dinesh Karthik (from Chennai) is a part of the India international side. And he is a backup for Dhoni and whenever someone is injured. Chennai (South) has always been at the receiving end of some very raw deals. Mumbai used to dominate international cricket and some pretty mediocre guys like Agarkar played for India for long because he was from Mumbai. Even with Srikanth's panel, Chennai (or South) is not getting the due it deserves because the current panel tries hard to be fair.

Tendulkars from Mumbai

*runs off screaming, driven nuts by the death of test cricket*

Users who are viewing this thread