Sidhu guilty of manslaughter.

rickyp

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
david hookes similarities anyone? petty issue, king hit, head knocked on floor? i didnt really read into it so i'm probably well wrong

Sureshot

Executive member
ZoraxDoom said:
But he didn't beat him up. It isn't as brutal as you are making it to saound. Just an accident due to that temper of his. Sad accident at that.

Accident? So he didn't hit him then?

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
It was no accident, you don't just hit someone by accident.
His temper got to him and he hit the guy, I'm sure he regrets it but its gonna be no accident.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
it was 18 years ago, and he claims "he has changed since then".
He has resigned from parliment also, and is ready to serve his time.

ZoraxDoom said:
He didn't beat him up. He hit him, the guy fell and hit his head, and died in the hospital.
It'a all politics. the family didn't press charges 18 years agon, why now?
Actually they did, and it took 18 years to come to a verdict, i belive :s

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Nope. The case was brought alive just recently. And it is no co-incidence that this was around the same time he had a row with an influencial member of Parliment.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
ZoraxDoom said:
Nope. The case was brought alive just recently. And it is no co-incidence that this was around the same time he had a row with an influencial member of Parliment.

No...
They said on Aaj Tak (indian news channel) that this has been goin on for 18 years, and i remember this because they said that they were surprised that Sidhu was able to travel the world commentating and run for parliment when he was in trial for Murder.

Andrew G

Club Cricketer
ZoraxDoom said:
He didn't beat him up. He hit him, the guy fell and hit his head, and died in the hospital.
Sounds like manslaughter to me.
And if that isn't manslaughter then I'd like to hear what you think is?!?!

Ritwik

co-founder
zoraxdoom said:
They got into a brawl over a disupute about parking. Sidhu got into a brawl with this elderly man, who got hurt and then Sidhu incredibly just went away without taking him to the hospital which is what one expects a person to do when they realize that in their anger they've seriously hurt somebody.

source: http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1858213,0008.htm
zoraxdoom said:
It'a all politics. the family didn't press charges 18 years agon, why now? Because Sidhu was fed up with the other PMs, argued with them, and wanted to retire. Now they are bringing him down.
The family had filed the case long ago, and in 1999 Sidhu and a co-accused were acquitted by a patiala sessions court. The family then appealed the decision in the Punjab and Haryana High Court which overturned the verdict of the lower court.

zoraxdoom said:
Silly and stupid, I know, but that's Indian politics for you. You go up too high, everyone will want to pull you down. Look what happened to Sanjay Dutt? Although, technically in his case, he did help the bombers knowingly...
Very easy blaming politicians for everything, although its slightly ironical this time since Sidhu himself has now joined politics. The fact however remains that Sidhu did hit a man causing his death, and then did not bother to even take the victim to a hospital, leading to the latter's death, and this qualifies as "manslaughter" under the law.

Sidhu and his accomplice have both been sentenced to three years rigorous imprisonment.

Users who are viewing this thread