Sir Alex Ferguson's best signing?????

Sir Alex best signing?????

• Total voters

cricket doctor

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Was it Peter Schmeichel for being the best goalkeeper ever? or was it Eric Cantona for transforming MANU to a dominant force or was it Roy Keane for so many years of excellence and leadership?? or anyone else??
What are your views??

EDIT-- Poll added.

Last edited:

JamesyJames3

International Coach
Too tought to call for me so I'm not going to add a vote. Cantona, Keane and Schmeichel have all been sensational signings. If I had to choose one I would probably go for Schmeichs!

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Cantona is my obvious choice, but I think i'll go with a more controversial route and pick Ronaldo. The guy has been a revelation since joining in 03/04 and at a bargain price too. He's become one of the finest players in the world and has even managed to cut out the play acting as well. He's definitley the player of the season so far and he's only in his early twenties so he'll be a force to be reckoned with for many years to come.

And on Rooney, well let's face it, he would have made an equally big impact at any other of the big clubs who were interested in him and he was hardly an unknown name before Fergie bought him was he?

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
?12.25Million for Ronaldo, hardly cheap Matt ;)

My vote goes to Keano.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I'm with James, how do you pick between Schmeichael, Keane or Cantona? One started the revolution, and the other two were instrumental in continuing it. I guess if I had to pick one it would be Keane as he was there the longest? He was also the skipper and heart and soul of the club for so many years. Arguably the best midfielder in the country for about 4 years. That said Schmeichal was almost certainly the best keeper in the country for his entire career. Errrr.... iny-meeny-miny-mo- Keane!

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
Although I do agree that Keane, Cantona and Schmeichel have all been equally brilliant, and the best 3 in that list by a long stretch, my vote went to somebody else...

Who put the ball in the German's net?

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer!!!

Bilal91

International Coach
Cantona all the way...he just transformed Man U into a dominant force since he came...

plympilgrim

International Coach
its got to be either keane or schmeichel, i mean for their many years service and great football ability

PhilD123

International Coach
I was thinking about Keane or Cantona, in the end I went for Keane. Keane's length fo time at the club was far greater. And as captain he held the team together for many years, giving us that toughness that we always lacked when he was unavailable.

A_Whitey

Club Cricketer
Kev said:
?12.25Million for Ronaldo, hardly cheap Matt ;)

My vote goes to Keano.

Brilliant though, he destroyed O'Shea in a friendly, so Fergie bought him on the strength of that.

Probably Cantona for turning Utd into the force it is today.

Users who are viewing this thread