Sky+ HD

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've had normal Sky for yonks now and no we're really considering getting Sky+ HD. I've got a 42' HD Samsung TV for it lol. I just wanted your opinions on Sky+ HD, do you recommend it or don't you?

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
SKy+ HD rocks. Best thing ever. I just record film after film after film, and then just watch them when I please. It's great. Series link is just brilliant as you just set it once and it does the rest for you. Definitely get it if you can afford it, and the price is going down as well.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I have had it since the 31st December 2007 in my bedroom and I would highly recommend it. Recently the price was reduced from ?199 to ?49, and with the amount of high definition content growing by the day there has never been a better time to subscribe. I pay nearly ?47 per month for it.

Sky Sports show football from the Premiership, Coca-Cola League, Champions League (4 matches per round) and Scotland and Wales internationals in HD. The tour to the West Indies is in HD, along with every single televised match played in England from Tests to women's cricket.

There will be a waiting list for now though. Highly recommended.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
I've got 8 inches on you. Not just talking about the tv either.

Get it, it's the shizz, even if you can't watch everything in HD, what is on is worth it.

saladguy

PCPL Season 2: Outstanding Performer (Division 2)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I've got Sky+ and my mum keeps arguing with my dad with "Why can't get Sky HD????!!!!!" "Cos we can't afford it!!!! Haven't you heard of the credit crunch!!!!"

Geekery

School Cricketer
I've got Sky+ and my mum keeps arguing with my dad with "Why can't get Sky HD????!!!!!" "Cos we can't afford it!!!! Haven't you heard of the credit crunch!!!!"

don't know why but I just laughed my arse off after reading that

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It isn't too expensive, though. The ?49 offer with free installation is a bargain and it is only ?9.75 extra per month. It is absolutely worth it, life's better in HD. You have to see it to believe it.

Mad Snake

International Coach
i have Foxtell (australias equivalent to Sky) HD and its immense so good on a nice 50 inch :)

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Thanks for the screenshots Ste :).

So what packages do you guys have? Just HD (?9.75 a month)?

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Thanks for the screenshots Ste :).

So what packages do you guys have? Just HD (?9.75 a month)?
I have the Variety, Sports and News & Events packs.

Oddly, if you pay for the high definition subscription but don't have any packs you can watch the HD channels but not their standard definition sisters! For example, you could watch Sky1 HD but not Sky1! I would recommend the packs I have. It costs ?46.25 per month which I pay for myself.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah that's what I was wondering, if you needed the standard versions of the channel as well. It's good that you don't :D. If I get HD pack, I'll have the Sky Sports channels, Sky 1 and Sky Movies which is what I wanted. We'll only have to get Kids as well (for my sister). It'll be cheaper than what it is now with normal Sky lol.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
You can't get Sky Sports or Sky Movies with the high definition subscription. You need the Sports and Movies packs.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
So what channels do you get with the HD pack (?9.75 a month)? All the rest except the movies, sports and Disney?

Users who are viewing this thread