Small bug with the Statistics.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Apologies if this has already been posted,

When a bowler passes around 2000 First Class wickets the counter sets itself back to 0. So when I took England for the summer I had a World Class RFM with over 1000 test match wickets, a bowling average of around 19, and a first class bowling average of around 400 for his at the time 13 wickets :rolleyes:

Now I love this game, but surely they could have had the counters go up far enough to store the stats :D

jimbob

Club Cricketer
i dont think this bug will come into play regularly though as you need 2000 wickets.

can i see a sreenshot please?

satishmania

International Coach
there's another bug in the bowling stats. for example Muralitharan takes his 100th 5 wkt hall in an innings in FC matches, but in his stats it shows as 10 instead of 100 5-wkt halls though in tests it shows he has 52 5-wkt halls in an innings. so under the stats for 5 wkt in an innings and 10 wkts in a match, only 2 digit numbers are possible. after 99 only the first 2 digits will be shown ie for 100 it'll be shown as 10 and for 109 also it'll be shown as 10. what a BUG!

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Sorry Jimbob mate no screenshot available, he retired last season it seems :(

Didn't think to take the screenie as he was at Somerset his whole career so only a few winter tours with England were down to me. For a good 10 years he had a bowling partner called Brian Pearce (his name was Scott Steed) and Pearce as well took over 2000 wickets. Neither of them were mine, and facing their county sides if they weren't on international duty was a nightmare, 5 wicket hauls in an innings minimum.

Closest I've got of my own players is on around 1629, but he's 37 this season, so I can't see him reaching it.

I agree the bug won't come into play reguarly Jimbob as only 2 bowlers in the entire 35 odd year span of my game have ever passed the mark, neither of them mine. I still however feel that it is a slightly poor error on their part to not be able to count wickets beyond 2000.

satishmania

International Coach
and also it is very rare for a bowler to take hundred 5 wkt halls in his FC career. in murali's case as i mentioned above there seemed to be a bug which is shown in my screenshot:

Attachments

• murali.jpg
    murali.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 87

FreddieFan

International Coach
It says he has 10 first class 5 wicket hauls, yet 49 in tests? There's a 0 missing off the end.

wardog

Club Cricketer
If you play over 510 first class games, the counter resets to 0.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Does seem a bit silly that their counters don't go up to unfathomable numbers :)

Obviously your average player doesn't go past the marks of 2000 first class wickets, or 100 10-fors or 510 first class matches, but I'd like to think they could :P

Users who are viewing this thread