Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Have to agree with you: this place started going down hill around the start of the second half of May two years ago. ;)
I'm sure I'm begging for a mature answer (and won't get one) but why is this, specifically talking about what event 'two years' ago happened?

Karachi

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Not sure I'll even buy tbh!

Only got 22 as I'd missed a release since Ashes, and it got me interested. There's currently zero hype or info to get excited about for Cricket 24, so that's a difficult hook ha

Plus given the track record, it seems almost inevitable any new game will need 2 months minimum to get it into shape after release day. Not really fussed about paying decent money for a patch fest.

Happy to be proven wrong, but there plenty of evidence suggesting that is the direction of travel.

I skipped previous Ashes game as well but went for C22 after seeing some improvements. However, by and large the game was a let down so I exchanged it after a short while. If C24 is just a glorified C22 I doubt I would be buying it (Looking at AFL I suspect that's exactly what its going to be). I keep coming here because I am curious and hoping that may be this time BA would come up with something up to my taste. However, zero marketing has been a big a let down. They shouldn't have announced the game until they had something to show. No competition in cricket games does not mean there is no competition at all. I'll be spending my money on Diablo 4 and Layers of Fear in the month of June. No commitment for July either, provided the game actually releases by then.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Attachments

• vadivel-pocket.gif
    vadivel-pocket.gif
    674.7 KB · Views: 2

Tfiwssirhc

#bemore
ENG....
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
I'm sure I'm begging for a mature answer (and won't get one) but why is this, specifically talking about what event 'two years' ago happened?
Look at the date you joined,and you'll get your answer :thumbs

Bevab

Staff Member
Jeez… some people here need some perspective on life as a whole and get their priorities sorted…
Post automatically merged:

It exactly looked like Cricket 22 shot making and fielding :laughter::laughter::laughter:
Post automatically merged:

Cricket fans in Twitter and PC asking @BigAntStudios for trailer, teaser, game info

@BigAntStudios response so far

…but not you my friend, keep those Vadivelu gifs coming. :Cheersmate:

Tfiwssirhc

#bemore
ENG....
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Hasn't Ross got to go back to India and finish player scanning? If so then a release could be quite awhile away.

Bevab

Staff Member
Hasn't Ross got to go back to India and finish player scanning? If so then a release could be quite awhile away.

I would imagine that the Ashes license means they have a deadline to meet failing which there would be consequences.

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
And there's Women's Ashes as well later in the month. Cheeky Ross may point to that.

Harigoks

County Cricketer
I want to speculate that the game is going to get out by July end. Given the fact that there has been no glimpse or even the game cover, it's just a harsh reality that there is zero hype and no wonder how many license you get, if the gameplay isn't a hero then the game is zero.

Still remember how hyped C22 was a few weeks before the release. We had a fun nets with leaderboard (but was nothing closer to the nets when the game came out and still disappointed). Could already give us a demo to give it a try. Or something to keep this feeling going. At this rate I highly doubt if they would give us a date. Remember, AFL23 is still not on XBox meaning the game hasn't met the standards yet. No wonder C24 doesn't have a defined release date yet.

And please not the stick figures from C22. Don't think it'll be any different this time as well.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
And there's Women's Ashes as well later in the month. Cheeky Ross may point to that.
I'm assured that will be added into the game from the start (and then updated) with 'hopefully' more women's competitions, possibly licenced?

Last edited by a moderator:

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Guess that would have been done ages ago! Possibly last year, there would be NDA's in the contracts.

Users who are viewing this thread