Some news on the Online World Cup TournamentS

S

Ste

Im sure youve all seen and remember this post in this very forum by Shaliesh a few days ago:

Online WorldCup 2003!

Guys,

I am pleased to announce that BLC / Cricket 2002 Online is thinking about hosting a online WorldCup tournament using Cricket 2002. The tournament is based on play by email format where you complete your inning and email saved game to your opponent who then chases the set target.

I would like those who are interested to post your entries here by 21st Jan. After that I will announce final lineups. You will also receive complete schedule of the tournament, rules and other details.

We will try to allocate everyone their preferred team. Since there is a chance of more than 1 members wanting to play with same team, you will team up together in the tournament. Teaming up can be fun too as you and your teammates can decide to take turns in your innings and you may get to play during different situations of a match - imagine starting at 170/6 and chasing 250 to get your team in finals!.
If you are the only person managing a team then ofcourse you'll be playing the whole innings by yourself. In case you don't want to team up, we will try to allocate you some other 'free' team.

Post your entries in following format
------------------------------------------------------------
Id: [your blc online id]
Ready to be part of a team: [Yes/No]
Second Choice Team: [In case we can't allocate you in your preferred team]
------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to post if you have any questions/comments/suggestions. Me and Zimrahil will try to answer as soon as we can.

I hope our online tournament will be as exciting as the real life version!

cheers!!

Well it now seems there is another online World Cup on another sites forums. Heres the posts from NZWarriors forum ( http://www.nzwarriors.com/forums....6&t=675 ) :

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image4.jpg

Notice anything interesting about these posts, the one on BLC Online posted a week before the NZWarriors one??

The are exactly the same apart from BLC Online has been changed to say Sports Pavilion/NZ Warriors!! NZWarriors via Maverick have totally ripped off this idea and could'nt even be bothered thinking of their own news release about the tournament.

You can find out more about NZWarriors forum and there creator Dave Johnson/Warrior on this topic -
http://blc.sports-gaming.com/cgi-bin....2;t=888.

Anyway, im sure you will easily be able to deciede which is the origianal and the best tournament to be in!

Ste

jonah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Unbelievable!
Considering we're all such a 'bunch of losers' on this site, they still rip off Shailesh's idea.
It's a pity we didn't copyright the 'play-by-email' format when we on BLC Online thought up the idea OVER A YEAR AGO!!

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
Well, its almost a word for word copy!!!
And, i believe this Maverick is Venkatesh(who has told us to remove his downloads from our site)....well first we should tell them to scrap this ridiculous copy of a tournament and then we'll consider removing his downloads.

kmk1284

Club Cricketer
what a rip off even the indian movie-makers dont ripor should i say steal an idea from someone and present it the same way (copying right from word to word)
wow
dave to be honest u r the biggest a@@ hole i have seen for quiet a while and that includes ur p**ps whom u regularly send to this site to spread shit over here maybe u can get a job as their maid u bloody prosti**te

Users who are viewing this thread