Some Questions Regarding web hosting.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Three cheers for the help Abhas and Sohum !

Of course, i know support is the thing needed most, since i myself am a website owner. It would be top notch ( As perfect as we can get it ) :)
Its not that i will run it. I've got studies to do, i am in 10'th lol. But things would be handled professionally, and service will be good.

And btw abhas, for now i only have linux hosting, however if you can get me some details on how much you need, i may be able to get you some hosting :) And you are always welcome for linux hosting as and when you need it.

P.S I am also starting a web designing business. I mean, its not me who will make websites, it'll be done by professional web designers. So any queries then tell me.

EDIt - These are the plans i am currently planning. Any suggestions ?

Attachments

• Shared Hosting.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 8

Abhas

Retired Administrator
nice plans there kshitiz... though 1 thing i would like to add, dont make them too cheap, coz, people might start doubting the credibility of the company...
and dont you think u are giving away a lot of databases, ftp a/cs and sub domains??? I think it shouldn't be so many in the basic plan atleast (doesnt make it look 'basic' lol..)

Mate, I would like to know more about your Web designing services, because i think i would be requiring them in the very near future..

Where are you planning to locate your server?? US or India?

( or sumwhere else...)

Last edited:

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Yeah even i was feeling strange about the db's and ftp accounts etc. lol. I think i might reduce them. But are the prices too cheap ?

also , i'll send you a pm about everything else.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Toooooo many databases, man. I would suggest that you reduce by factor of 10 (5 for basic, 10 for premium, etc.). Maybe you can mask the higher plans as "Unlimited" as clients may want to see this rather than a large, meaningless number.

Your plans are also extremely cheap. I'm currently paying my friend $11 a month for 22 GB of reseller hosting. I think you could safely double prices and maybe include a "Starter" plan at $5 for people who don't really need anything. Try to take advantage of the long tail.

And you must be overselling, right? I don't see how else you would be making big enough profits.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Toooooo many databases, man. I would suggest that you reduce by factor of 10 (5 for basic, 10 for premium, etc.). Maybe you can mask the higher plans as "Unlimited" as clients may want to see this rather than a large, meaningless number.

Your plans are also extremely cheap. I'm currently paying my friend $11 a month for 22 GB of reseller hosting. I think you could safely double prices and maybe include a "Starter" plan at $5 for people who don't really need anything. Try to take advantage of the long tail.

And you must be overselling, right? I don't see how else you would be making big enough profits.
Well it has to be, i mean, overselling is not a crime. I know what will be used, and i'll be monitoring my uses everytime. So customers wouldnt have a problem.

You are right about the databases. But the thing is that i have made sure that db usage counts towards the disk space usage:) do i still need to reduce them by a factor of 10 ? Probably should....

And about the prices, yes i'll increase them. Cheers

You all guys have been really a great help, especially sohum and abhas ! Thanks a lot. These plans are just starters, i mean, they will have to be refined :p

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Hehe, I wasn't suggesting that overselling was a crime, just wondering how else you would manage to make this profitable.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Hehe, I wasn't suggesting that overselling was a crime, just wondering how else you would manage to make this profitable.
Lol cheers. You guys have been fantastic !

btw i need to get the hosting site up and running by monday. So i may probably be asking more questions in the meantime :) Thanks !

P.S To assure that customers trust me i have also bought a modernbill licence, a software that is used for billing. Its very professional indeed. Hope that can make customers trust me more :)

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Lol cheers. You guys have been fantastic !

btw i need to get the hosting site up and running by monday. So i may probably be asking more questions in the meantime :) Thanks !

P.S To assure that customers trust me i have also bought a modernbill licence, a software that is used for billing. Its very professional indeed. Hope that can make customers trust me more :)

True.. imo.. web hosting is based on trust and goodwill. Reliability is a very KEY issue in hosting, which can only be garnered through either trust or goodwill ( which takes time to build)... i dont know much about modernbill, but, if it lends a professional feel to the billing, it may be useful, but i would recommend, do NOT trust completely upon this. Many scamsters have a thoroughly professional design...

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
The plans look good. I'd work on the text a bit. Too much text is not good, in fact I but zipped over all three sections (Our Aim, Our Hosting, Our Guarantees). You may also consider making text-size slightly larger.

Also, if you're branding server migration as your own little service "Move Me", you could probably draw some more attention to that section. Maybe producing some sort of graphic for it or moving it somewhere else.

Also, the feature lists look a little redundant, since each item in the table is yes. I would prefer something like "All plans come with the following features", but that's just me. Maybe most prospective clients like looking at a table full of yes'. :D

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I would work on the spelling and grammar mistakes as well. Do the plans come with a domain name?

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Cheers guys thanks for the suggestions :)

Yes even i was thinking about all plans come with etc., but wouldnt that make the list too smaller ? lol :D Maybe i'll do it, i'll look into the font size to be larger, and i'll also see about shortening the text.

Yeah the move me service should be a catch i guess, will probably work on it.

In regards to spelling and grammar, yes i know there are many mistakes lol. Will correct them ASAP :) Thanks

And finally, the plans DO NOT come with a free domain name, you can always use your own of course :)

Cheers :) I'm seing into updating the site today so some progress should be made :) Fantastic guys, thanks a lot, you all have been great help ! :)

Abhas

Retired Administrator
a little off topic, but i would like to ask if it is possible for a website to have the frontend as Flash, and the backend as php / asp ???

I am planning to get my site redesigned, and i was thinking of making it flash based, with a db (preferably in php)...

lol... we posted at the exact moment...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread