Some Questions Regarding web hosting.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
CSS is pretty simple stuff, though.

Take a look at the following sample of code taken from your website, and the sample immediately thereafter, which is simplified with CSS:

PHP:
<table width="800">
<tbody>
<tr bgcolor="#bf4040">
<th width="190"><font face="calibri" color="#ffffff"><strong>Feature</strong></font></th>
<th width="120"><font face="calibri" color="#ffffff"><strong>Basic</strong></font></th>
<th width="120"><font face="calibri" color="#ffffff"><strong>Premium</strong></font></th>
<th width="120"><font face="calibri" color="#ffffff"><strong>Silver</strong></font></th>
<th width="120"><font face="calibri" color="#ffffff"><strong>Gold</strong></font></th>
<th width="120"><font face="calibri" color="#ffffff"><strong>Platinum</strong></font></th></tr>
<tr>
<td bgcolor="#40bfbf"><strong><font face="calibri" color="#ffffff">Diskspace</font></strong></td>
<td><font face="calibri">3 Gb</font></td>
<td><font face="calibri">5 GB</font></td>
<td><font face="calibri">8 GB</font></td>
<td><font face="calibri">12 GB</font></td>
<td><font face="calibri">20 GB</font></td></tr>
<tr>
<td bgcolor="#40bfbf"><strong><font face="calibri" color="#ffffff">Bandwidth</font></strong></td>
<td><font face="calibri">100 GB</font></td>
<td><font face="calibri">150 GB</font></td>
<td><font face="calibri">200 GB</font></td>
<td><font face="calibri">250 GB</font></td>
<td><font face="calibri">350 GB</font></td></tr>
</table>

Code with CSS Styles (I've put this in the <head> element, but you should probably put it in an external CSS file).

PHP:
// CSS code
<head>
<style>
table.features {
  width: 800px;
  font-family: "Calibri", serif;
}

table.features tr.header {
  background: #bf4040;
}

table.features tr.header th {
  color: #fff;
}

table.features tr td.item {
  background: #40bfbf;
  color: #fff;
  font-weight: bold;
}
</style>
</head>

// HTML code
<table class="features">
  <tbody>
    <tr class="header">
      <th width="190">Feature</th>
      <th width="120">Basic</th>
      <th width="120">Premium</th>
      <th width="120">Silver</th>
      <th width="120">Gold</th>
      <th width="120">Platinum</th>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <td class="item">Diskspace</td>
      <td>3 Gb</td>
      <td>5 GB</td>
      <td>8 GB</td>
      <td>12 GB</td>
      <td>20 GB</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <td class="item">Bandwidth</td>
      <td>100 GB</td>
      <td>150 GB</td>
      <td>200 GB</td>
      <td>250 GB</td>
      <td>300 GB</td>
    </tr>
  </tbody>
</table>

Of course, the code probably needs some refining seeing that I just typed it into a forum box. :D But you can see how much easier it is handling styles. Of course, I guess this is the way your WYSIWYG editor does it. What are you using btw?

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
ah well actually i can understand some css but cant really make it, you know :p But yes, i am using a WYSIWYG editor, and its called RV sitebuilder, and its pretty fantastic !

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
ah well actually i can understand some css but cant really make it, you know :p But yes, i am using a WYSIWYG editor, and its called RV sitebuilder, and its pretty fantastic !
Meh... never fascinated by WYSIWYG. It was Notepad to CuteHTML to AceHTML to Dreamweaver Code View for me. Eclipse/Zend Studio for PHP projects. Once you learn HTML/CSS, you discover a simplistic yet powerful control over elements that WYSIWYG editors would be jealous of. Actually, my knowledge is probably outdated since I stay away from WYSIWYG as much as I can.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Meh... never fascinated by WYSIWYG. It was Notepad to CuteHTML to AceHTML to Dreamweaver Code View for me. Eclipse/Zend Studio for PHP projects. Once you learn HTML/CSS, you discover a simplistic yet powerful control over elements that WYSIWYG editors would be jealous of. Actually, my knowledge is probably outdated since I stay away from WYSIWYG as much as I can.
I know, but i was never into web designing before this. What i know is windows programming - thing i am best at.
I know WYSIWYG editors are never able to make good things, but when you're short of time thats the only thing one can do. As i said before i do know bits of css but it'll take me time to get the hang of it :p and in regards to dreamweaver, well, its too expensive :p

Btw, i am manually adding the table code and i aint relying on the WYSIWYG editor for that :p

Last edited:

rabeta

News Team Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well done Kshitiz, it's looking really good. The tables are looking much better now, though there is still room for improvement, perhaps the 'order now' buttons are slightly too large as well. The main content could still do with a bit of work format wise, as it lacks a tiny bit of structure at the moment.

I would suggest having an attempt at learning css now that you have the site up. If you were to update it you would be able to get much better results coding it properly, and will look more professional eventually. The site's looking really good though ;)

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Thanks a lot mate. I have to leave vomputer now for my studies, or else i would have definitely used and learned css :) Thanks for the comment though ! And also, i will keep trying to update the site when i have time - i am learning html at school also you know :D

Abhas

Retired Administrator
pretty good work there kshitiz.. the site is looking much better now...
one thing... the page scrolls down a bit too much even if its empty, i dont think that looks nice....

Users who are viewing this thread