Some Questions Regarding web hosting.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
a little off topic, but i would like to ask if it is possible for a website to have the frontend as Flash, and the backend as php / asp ???

I am planning to get my site redesigned, and i was thinking of making it flash based, with a db (preferably in php)...

lol... we posted at the exact moment...
Yep we did :)

I have told you in the pm about web designing services :) Yes and what you said can be done. :)

Abhas

Retired Administrator
is there any kind of drawback in what i have planned??
I dont think speed will become much of an issue, due to the advancements in the broadband speeds, and most people having high speed connections.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
is there any kind of drawback in what i have planned??
I dont think speed will become much of an issue, due to the advancements in the broadband speeds, and most people having high speed connections.
There's no drawback to it, but a large percentage of Internet users dislike Flash-based websites, especially when navigation and everything is encapsulated within it. I will have to say that I am on of these people, but in no way am I trying to be elitist and claim that no-Flash is the way to go!

Abhas

Retired Administrator
much better.. on the hostings page, plz make a table. It will allow the data to look more sophisticated.
Another thing, i would recommend, putting a address and phone no. in the contact us page. Usually people give these.

Otherwise, the site is looking quite promising...

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Back with an update. As Abhas said i made a table, but i want to know your views on would it be better than the current version of the site ? This is the table btw.
Provided it is made to fit in with the rest of the site, it is much better than what is currently there. Speaking of the rest of the site, that is very ugly code, so I suppose you used a WYSIWYG program to make the site.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Provided it is made to fit in with the rest of the site, it is much better than what is currently there. Speaking of the rest of the site, that is very ugly code, so I suppose you used a WYSIWYG program to make the site.
Yes, i used a WYSIWYG editor to make it, since i didnt have much time on my hands. But i have HTML capabilities aswell, and i can integrate that table. But i dont really understand what you mean by making it fit in.

And in regards to the code, i know the code maker is pretty stupid, but if you ignore the code, how's the original look of the site ?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Yes, i used a WYSIWYG editor to make it, since i didnt have much time on my hands. But i have HTML capabilities aswell, and i can integrate that table. But i dont really understand what you mean by making it fit in.

And in regards to the code, i know the code maker is pretty stupid, but if you ignore the code, how's the original look of the site ?
I think the site looks too generic, but I suppose if your pricing is better than the competition and you get a good reputation that shouldn't matter. As for making it fit in, make it look something like this:
Untitled.png
rather than an ugly table with thick borders.

You really do need to spend some time on the site, otherwise you won't look reputable, which will cost you customers

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Ahhh yes, i know how to do that thing in that image, thanks a lot mate :)

Yeah i know i need to work very hard, and i am trying hard. Be ready for an update in about 2 hours :)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Tables look much better. You should also use them for the features list if you're not going to compress that.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Yeah thats what i have planeed. Tables for all feature lists too. But unfortunately table making is boring :p

Btw, i just fixed a bug which prevented the site from opening in opera or ie :)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
You should use CSS at the very least. It would reduce the amount of coding you do by probably around 90% and would also be much cleaner to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread