IPL Sourav Ganguly thinks KKR will win...I think not

shikha

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sourav Ganguly has bet on the fact that the raw pace of his side would help his kolkata knight riders win the tournament. I bet it was a slip of tongue, because Shane Bond is anything but raw pace. He is fast, he is rapid, but in every sense of the word, he has the line and the length to go with it ? not the definition of raw pace.

However, moving on, it is not Bond that I talk about. It is the others in the side that Ganguly speaks about; most notably ishant sharma and ajit agarkar. By no stretch of imagination does Ishant possess raw pace any more. He does not even have the pace, forget the rawness. It is more of an old man with a walking stick bowling at 130 km/hr.

Agarakar is a story by itself. With an ability to crank it up to the 140 km/hr, he reminds me of mohammad sami. Hardly any built, but can bowl at a decent pace, and yet, bowls those one or two boundary balls an over.

With a line-up consisting of these two bowlers, I do not see how does Ganguly think the KKR side can win it this time. Do you think so?

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Thy definitely have the potential, a pretty strong line-up. If they can tie up all those loose ends....

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I go with Ganguly. Somehow,something tells me that they will do really well this time round.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
I get the feeling they will make the semis but won't make the final which means they will lose the semi final ;)

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
This is going to Ganguly's last IPL, I feel. And he's surely going to want to end it on a winning note.

Akash00

Panel of Selectors
They have one of the best T20 bowlers in Murali Kartik. They should know to use him wisely.

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
I agree with rdf. Ganguly last IPL and he will like to leave on a winning note.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I too feel this time its going to be KKR's tournament. Sir Aggy (Agarkar) seems to be in some decent form with the domestic games. He has Bond on the other side. Ishant has had a rough period in international cricket, but if he turns it around, he is a handful. He needs support and Ganguly could be that support.

P

pcfan123

Overconfidence in Twenty20 is a cardinal sin. Its impossible to predict and outcome, let alone guarantee one. Ganguly needs to just check into an old folks home and leave cricket alone, your time is up old man, stop clutching onto straws. I guess he will sell tickets and ultimately that is what the IPL is about.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Its bold of him to make such a statement. Shows that he is confident in his side and he is surely capable of a turnaround as we have seen in the past, when he was at the Indian helm.

Add the fact that McCullum may not be available for atleast the first 8 matches of the tournament.

Users who are viewing this thread