South Africa in England

I can;t belive England won by 10 wickets also i think Dan said Harmy got 2 wickets of tail-enders i don't think Albie Morkel is a tail-ender

the proteas seem to be taking things a tad easy after the historic test series win.

What a victory. Comprehensively destroyed South Africa. They batted awfully, bowled equally as poorly, especially Steyn. Terrible performance from them, but a great win for England. Broad was brilliant, as was Flintoff. Prior and Bell then did the work with the bat for us and made it look a pretty simple track to bat on. Good victory, can this Pietersen era get any better ? 5-0 victory on the cards perhaps? :p. Actually, if we did win 5-0, how would that affect the rankings, would we move up at all ?

5-0 win moves us = 3rd with New Zealand, only 2 pts behind South Africa on 118.

I want next to the Stadium in Nottingham and when I saw the score I just turn back and want home because I know this was going to be a short game
good game by England

Bahahaha South Africa. What an embarrassing performance. OWNED!

Well done England. South Africa never fought back. I dunno what went wrong for them. I still wouldn't put any money on England to win the series, we know what they're like. The bad performances are bound to come. Inconsistency. I think SA will fight to get one back now.

Last edited:
No matter the subject, no matter the context, if it's about Cricket, New Zealand have to be mentioned somewhere. :rolleyes:

Anyways, a good win today, it makes all the difference having wicket takers with the new ball. Although Anderson didn't do well today, he's proven and Broad also showed that he's more than capable. Prior did superbly with bat and gloves as well, the only issue in this side remains Ian Bell for me, at least until we see more of Samit Patel.

No matter the subject, no matter the context, if it's about Cricket, New Zealand have to be mentioned somewhere. :rolleyes:

I don't see what you're talking about. Happy? Just because reference the rankings it doesn't mean I mentioned them :/

These kind of things happen from time to time. Just a day where England were at the top of their games and South Africa wouldn't do anything right.

Last edited by a moderator:
normally you could say this can happen to West Indies, but Seeing South Africa Collapse like this a really :help

Such poor batting performance by SA, great bowling by Broad, Freddie and Harmison. Dale Steyn should stop playing ODIs now.

What a win for England - absolutely heart-crushing for poor South Africa fans. Wow. Just - wow!

The best thing England can take from this game is the consistent keeping from Prior. We all know he's a great batting, but what I've seen from the last India series, he was a poor keeper, but man how he has improved.

Brilliant stuff from Broad, as well.

Without exaggeration that was one of England's greatest one day performances. A really satisfying victory. I'd be reluctant to change the team for this series but with the upcoming one dayers I'd be more inclined to replace Bell with Trott. I have been saying he should be in the team for a while but the only chance he got was in a Twenty20 which isn't his game. The problem with Bell is that he cannot maneuvre the ball well. What makes Pietersen such a great one day player is as much the singles and twos that he works around as it is the audacious boundary shots he plays. Bell is as capable as Pietersen in hitting great shots but he wastes too many balls. I believe he does have a future in the team but I think dropping him may do him some good.

England finally just won 2 games on the trott [haha] and you wanna go change the team? Weird. I'd give Bell the series at least. He hasn't opened much before.

Yeh, and I thought Bell did a bloody good job against New Zealand. He's still learning his game at the top of the order, he's not done it much before. He looked really, really good in the Twenty20 game against New Zealand, and performed well yesterday. He didn't need to be attacking, as he had Prior scoring at a run a ball at the other end. He stuck around, hit a few nice shots, found the boundary 4 times, be incredibly harsh to drop him after 2 series, and especially considering he played well in the previous series.

Users who are viewing this thread