SPAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumbisoft

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
According to forum rules , posts like 'good work' and 'thank you' are not allowed and we are supposed to use the thanks system , right?
But these kinds of posts are large in number. I understand that it isn't possible for mods and staff members to check thousands of posts everyday. I suggest that we should maybe have a 'spam detecting team' of maybe about 20 members to catch these spam posts and report to the mods. They should have power to issue warnings. Maybe 3 or 5 warnings could mean a weeks ban. Maybe 3 bans in a year could mean permanent bans. People post this rubbish just to increase their post count become 'International Cricketer' and whatever else.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
That's not correct.
We allow posts like that in the download forum as patch makers like to receive feedback and comments on their work.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
According to forum rules , posts like 'good work' and 'thank you' are not allowed and we are supposed to use the thanks system , right?
We don't expect people to be robots. It's where you get someone posting that in every thread in a forum where it crosses the line - occasionally saying thanks or good work isn't what we're out to stop.

What makes things difficult for staff is not occasional spam posts - it's people who take it upon themselves to try and tell others what the rules are. Instead of one bad post, you get a discussion of that post - further taking things off topic.

More broadly, everyone is in the 'spam detection team' - every post comes with a report button. If you think something needs moderator attention, click it.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Good work is OK for posting.About thanks, I never says thanks by posting thanks.I post it sometimes only :)

bumbisoft

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I guess you all are right. Maybe I should say sorry. Please close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread