Spin Bowling Impression and questions..

If you push the RS as far left as possible during bowling you will probably bowl a wide past off stump.
I'd like to see a video from someone showing the amount of turn they get.

I'll do you a video once I get the PC version. I've not done much spin bowling but I always seem to get way more turn than I expect.

Am I doing spin bowling wrong? I do an off spinner to RH batsman, rotate three times and push the RS as far left as possible and the ball spins past leg stump.

I couldn't understand how this could possibly work and it doesn't. I've tried it this morning.
Pushing the RS as far left as possible bowls continual wides.

Last edited:
I couldn't understand how this could possibly work and it doesn't. I've tried it this morning.
Pushing the RS as far left as possible bowls continual wides.

Wide on the leg or off?? With that way it will be going way wide on off side..And commentary would mostly be "That's heading for the car park"...

Wide on the leg or off?? With that way it will be going way wide on off side..And commentary would mostly be "That's heading for the car park"...

Pushing the RS as far left as possible just directs the delivery way outside off stump and the small line indicator turns red. The ball doesn't get a chance to turn.
I don't have the commentary turned on so I don't they what they say, but it wouldn't be complimentary.

I too find it surprising. I'll do you a video once I have the PC version.

So... First Matt and now Biggs as well ahead of you in the "special privileges" queue eh?...

Shots fired...

I have been trying leg spinners in Practice Matches, but every time the ball spins, it spins from off to leg!

I have been trying leg spinners in Practice Matches, but every time the ball spins, it spins from off to leg!

I think that's just the mechanics of spin bowling within the game - the ball always drifts the 'wrong' way before spinning the right way (using the stock delivery and without applying drift). If you bowl mainly full and good length balls you tend to think it's spinning incorrectly because there isn't time to see the spin, unless the batsman plays and misses. If you do a slow-mo you'll see it turn correctly. I'm not sure why the ball drifts the opposite way first, but it definitely creates an illusion of it spinning the wrong way.

Pushing the RS as far left as possible just directs the delivery way outside off stump and the small line indicator turns red. The ball doesn't get a chance to turn.
I don't have the commentary turned on so I don't they what they say, but it wouldn't be complimentary.

Process is:

Select delivery and hold -Select the length - Start rotating the LAS clockwise for off spin and anti-clock for leggie - Try rotating a full circle at least [If not done so even a ball directed straight might go wide] - Select the LINE you want to bowl using RAS [effective when the bowler's hand is on the top] [The line i.e RAS should be forward not left or right]

I think that's just the mechanics of spin bowling within the game - the ball always drifts the 'wrong' way before spinning the right way (using the stock delivery and without applying drift). If you bowl mainly full and good length balls you tend to think it's spinning incorrectly because there isn't time to see the spin, unless the batsman plays and misses. If you do a slow-mo you'll see it turn correctly. I'm not sure why the ball drifts the opposite way first, but it definitely creates an illusion of it spinning the wrong way.

I do not think it is spinning the wrong way I actually see it spinning the wrong way. You can also see it perfectly spinning the wrong way when you bowl a shorter delivery.

Say what?

FWIW, I've noticed that most of the right-arm wrist spinners are utterly enamoured of the googly.

They turn it the "wrong" way most of the times that I've actually watched, I've just never been sure whether it's intentional.

FWIW, I've noticed that most of the right-arm wrist spinners are utterly enamoured of the googly.

They turn it the "wrong" way most of the times that I've actually watched, I've just never been sure whether it's intentional.

It ok, I just couldn't understand what the post by @Internomad meant.

It's quite simple really, someone said you sometimes 'think' it is turning the wrong way, my reply was I don't 'think' it is turning the wrong way, I can 'see' it is turning the wrong way!

I have had a bad time today bowling spin,i cant seem to stop bowling bouncers which are called no balls.:noway
Never had this problem before and i cant put my finger on what im doing wrong.
Am i holding the right stick too long or not long enough?

Users who are viewing this thread