Spin Bowling Impression and questions..

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
How to bowl with 1000 RPM+? I rarely bowl with spinners but I want to know how to get that much RPM because max I got 350 RPM when I bowled last time.

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...14-forum/bowling-guide-89045.html#post2735586

The rest depends on how good your bowler is at the delivery you are trying to bowl. Don't be expecting 1000+ rpm if there are only a few skill points assigned in that area. There's a big difference between even a bowling all rounder and a dedicated bowler in terms of the skill points assigned to their delivery types.

rishabh96

International Coach
Profile Flag
India

inertSpark

Associate Captain
I tried with Ajmal :p

Have you read the guide? It's not just there for show, it really does tell you exactly what you need to know.

2) During the Runup but before the jump, you need to choose:
Rotate the LAS thrice in the direction of your 'main stock' delivery. So if you are a leg spinnner you always move it anti-clock wise (for right handed bowler) and if you are a off-spinner you move it clock-wise. I think you always need to move it in the mentioned direction irrespective of the delivery you are going to bowl. For e.g. when bowling a googly as a leg spinner, I tried rotating it clock-wise but it didnt register the input and I had to rotate it anti-clockwise for the input to register.
To achieve the perfect timing for completing the LAS rotation, ideally the third 'complete' rotation should end at the same time as you push RAS forward (RAS control is mentioned in point '3'). Also the speed with which you move the LAS also has (I think....not sure) an impact on the rotations per minute (rpm) that you would achieve.
The target length area (incase you change your mind)
Pull out of the delivery (dont remember what is required for this and not sure if its there for spinners as well)

Last edited:

rishabh96

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Yeah I did but again I got only 450. Maybe I need one video of person doing those steps perfectly :p

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Well I don't play with a camera pointed at my controller, and I can't find anything similar. But this is a video of my first ever 1 day match with my career spinner. Two bowled wickets in the same over.

I hope you can see that I tend to wait half a second or so before beginning the rotation. It depends a lot on the skill of the bowler though, so you have to experiment with how to time it. Practice!

Last edited by a moderator:

inertSpark

Associate Captain
OK I've found a cool web app that displays your PC controller input on screen for overlaying using screen capture software like OBS (what I use). If anyone's interested its found here. Gamepad Viewer

Im going to do a video showing an over of me bowling some spin, that way you can see what I'm doing with the controller at the same time.

Give me half an hour or so, because my upload speed to Youtube isn't particularly good :)

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Ok mate.

This is what I am doing with the controls. You can basically see the timing I am using as well as the stick rotations. And I got a wicket during my test! Bonus :lol

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
OK I've found a cool web app that displays your PC controller input on screen for overlaying using screen capture software like OBS (what I use). If anyone's interested its found here. Gamepad Viewer
I had been looking for something like that for ages, thanks.

Twitchy

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Ok mate.

This is what I am doing with the controls. You can basically see the timing I am using as well as the stick rotations. And I got a wicket during my test! Bonus :lol
Thanks. That's really useful. The slowness of the rotations is what has been the eye-opener for me. I finally managed to get the needle in the green consistently in a practice session by slowing it all down. Whether it helps me get more wickets I don't know...I'll have to get used to ignoring the spin meter and trusting my thumb so that I don't forget about correct pitching and line.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
I had been looking for something like that for ages, thanks.

No problem. I've actually found an standalone app version for 360 pads now. I'll link it when I get the chance.

Thanks. That's really useful. The slowness of the rotations is what has been the eye-opener for me. I finally managed to get the needle in the green consistently in a practice session by slowing it all down. Whether it helps me get more wickets I don't know...I'll have to get used to ignoring the spin meter and trusting my thumb so that I don't forget about correct pitching and line.

Yeah if you are too quck with the rotations, you'll finish the 3 rotations too early and the needle will drop before the release meter gets to the right spot.

dale0404

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ok mate.

Thank you, really useful!

inertSpark

Associate Captain

Arunava

Club Captain
My question is straight n simple. How to make leg break wrist spinner bowl leg-break, as my bowler bowls off-break when I chose leg-break option which is same as Googly for leg-break. So my wrist spinner bowls googly and leg-break as same deliveries whether i give full revs or no revs.

Would be grateful if anyone could help.

thumbsup767

School Cricketer
Well I don't play with a camera pointed at my controller, and I can't find anything similar. But this is a video of my first ever 1 day match with my career spinner. Two bowled wickets in the same over.

I hope you can see that I tend to wait half a second or so before beginning the rotation. It depends a lot on the skill of the bowler though, so you have to experiment with how to time it. Practice!

The video does indeed show the ball spinning in the game but you wouldn't call this a 'representative sample' as it only shows right arm leg spinners bowling around the wicket.

Try bowling stock off breaks around the wicket to left handers = it is annoying to see the deliveries effectively go on with the arm every time.

Arunava

Club Captain
In real all wrist spinners are leg break spinners except Murali (wrist off spinner) and All finger spinners are off-break bowlers except Kumble (finger leg spinner).

Likewise in the game I have noticed that only wrist spinners can spin in this game, from over the wicket wrist spinner will bowl offies and around the wicket leg-breaks. And finger spinners won't spin at all.

I feel after 2007 this game as motivated me to post on this forum again because of such great game, but this needs to be corrected as I feel it is anomaly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread