Spot Fixing Scandal Thread: The Legend Continues

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
dutchad said:
What the heck does the High Commissioner of Pakistan think he is up to?

He just wants to rouse public opinion in his country against this ban, as the guilty cricketers might let the cat out of the bag any time now and land PCB officials in hot water. It's a popular strategy actually. Whenever some institution brings charges of corruption against you, just attach a "conspiracy" angle to it, and people will rush to your support. I won't be surprised if this issue snowballs into a "Pakistan vs India and the West" thing in the next few days- IMO today's comments precisely show that it's exactly where the whole thing is heading.

On a separate development, according to certain sources, the "match fixing" cash trail leads to Salman Butt. Waiting for PCB to say that this too is a "conspiracy". :sarcasm

Last edited:

indian 11

Club Cricketer
The Daily Mail - Daily News from Pakistan - Newspaper from Pakistan

boney_g added 5 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

All I can say is

" And the oscar for the best Comedy movie of the century goes to .............................................................. THE DAILY MAIL

:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl

Cmon Daily Mail, its not 1st April anymore."

Thank god they have not said that recent floods in Pak are a conspiracy by RAW.

Last edited:

rocky_g

International Cricketer
The Daily Mail - Daily News from Pakistan - Newspaper from Pakistan

boney_g added 5 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

All I can say is

" And the oscar for the best Comedy movie of the century goes to .............................................................. THE DAILY MAIL

:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl

Cmon Daily Mail, its not 1st April anymore."

Thank god they have not said that recent floods in Pak are a conspiracy by RAW.

'Reject Indian aid for flood victims' National English News : khabarexpress.com : The news portal of North India

'Reject Indian aid for flood victims'

Islamabad, Aug 15 Blaming the devastating floods sweeping Pakistan on India releasing excess water into the Satluj and Beas rivers, an editorial in a Pakistani paper Sunday called on the government to reject the 'hypocritical' Indian offer of aid.

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
For the eight time they have never said that! They will not comment on an ongoing case. Someone completely unrelated to the investigation said that the video alone would not be enough for a criminal conviction and since then people have been raving on about how the police say the haven't got enough evidence which is completely untrue.

Thanks for clearing that up. I've read several news articles saying that SY said that, that's why the confusion.

Another thing is, I don't think none of the Cronje, Azharuddin, Jadeja or Salim Malik had any criminal case against them and they were also banned..right?

ksduded

Club Cricketer
Why aren't Bangladeshi players doing it then? IPL is just 3 years old. How were they earning money before IPL came into existence. And not every cricketer plays in IPL. Its just an excuse nothing else.

umm Bangladeshi players didn't do it because they were not crowned the world champions and then shunned. However, that is not an albi to go around spot fixing.

Sureshot

Executive member
Thanks for clearing that up. I've read several news articles saying that SY said that, that's why the confusion.

Another thing is, I don't think none of the Cronje, Azharuddin, Jadeja or Salim Malik had any criminal case against them and they were also banned..right?

None of those mentioned were under the jurisdiction of the English courts, though.

Up to the CPS to decide if they go through with a prosecution in the end, which I suppose depends on what the ICC do, if they impose life-time bans they might ask for a prosecution case to not go forward. In the end, which is best for cricket? Would a lifetime ban be enough? Do they need punishment by our legal system as well? Would such a punishment help in the fight against future corruption when the countries involved won't be doing anything to curb the mass corruption in their countries? Unlikely.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Up to the CPS to decide if they go through with a prosecution in the end, which I suppose depends on what the ICC do, if they impose life-time bans they might ask for a prosecution case to not go forward.

It should have no bearing on the whether they are banned for life as to whether they should be taken to court.

ZeeL4J8C2

School Cricketer
umm Bangladeshi players didn't do it because they were not crowned the world champions and then shunned. However, that is not an albi to go around spot fixing.

Dont be sure that others dont do it. Pakistan is just the one that got caught.

Let me play devils advocateStill something feels all very fishy about this. First is it possible to determine if that video was shot before or after. Is it possible to determine the time the video was shot. Everything else is not evidence. Riaz taking money, well who knows whats thats for. Money found in rooms, who are the british to question anyone about their money.

If they are unable to charge the players in court, what does that mean. It means the are INNOCENT in the eyes of the LAW.

Now suppose ICC has enough evidence to ban the seven for life, Aamir, Butt, Akmals, Riaz, Asif, Amin.

What has pakistan lost really, they have lost Aamir. Umar Akmal was immature, played horrible shot, and is not currently ready for the world cup. Look at his batting, talented yet horrible maturity.

Look at what Pakistan has gained, they have ridded themselves of Butt and Kamran. Riaz was a fringe player, asif rarely mattered in One days, and Amin well he was an extra fielder..

Pakistan can very well go into the world cup with the following 11

Hameed
Shaizab
Younis (Oh yes he will be back)
Malik
Yousuf
Haider
Afridi
Razaq
Akhtar
Gul
Irfan

That actually looks more likely to win the world cup

LOL

Like i said to play the Devils advocate

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
^The evidence is clear, and we should have more info on this very soon by ICC. For the 100th time, it doesn't matter if they broke the law or not, they've done enough to be banned.

I hope guilty are banned for life, even if it has to be Aamer. There are already enough cheaters representing Pakistan both in Cricket and Government, so at least we should make it 3 less.

Last edited:

King Cricket

International Coach
TOI has ceased to be a credible source nowadays. The first signs of downfall became conspicuous when they reported Dhoni being sacked from the team after the T-20 WC (which was an absolutely false story), and it now seems that they don't have any intention at all of regaining credibility. The only reliable Indian newspaper is the Hindusthan Times. Others are all rubbish.

Last edited:

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
What might have triggered all this was the IPL. Being shunned from Big Money IPL might have given the players a justification for fixing. Everyone else is making big money only they are not.

Absolutely nothing should justify cheating and betraying your own country. It's a shame that you could even think of such an excuse. Pakistani players make more than enough money with their PCB contracts to be able to live very happily in Pakistan. On top of that you add sponsorship deals, bonuses, and other prize money they win. These guys are one of the richest in Pakistan.

Users who are viewing this thread