Spot Fixing Scandal Thread: The Legend Continues

Params7

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
So 3 players being suspended is equivalent to the whole team?

Not just 3. 2 others on video (Amin, Wahab), 2 others by Majheed's testimoney according to reports (Akmal bros), and who knows how many others are escaping unnamed. It would be a disgrace if Pak played in the upcoming WC imo, unless a lot of them face severe repercussions and not just from ICC but from PCB..but like that would ever happen.

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
Not just 3. 2 others on video (Amin, Wahab), 2 others by Majheed's testimoney according to reports (Akmal bros), and who knows how many others are escaping unnamed. It would be a disgrace if Pak played in the upcoming WC imo, unless a lot of them face severe repercussions and not just from ICC but from PCB..but like that would ever happen.

Then how come SY not even questioned Amin and Wahab even when they had video? You can only put blame on players that are actually involved and are being taken a look at by ICC. Even Akmal was not found guilty. The main culprit was Butt and he's caught, the others seem to me to be part of his "group", and nothing else.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
The main culprit was Butt and he's caught, the others seem to me to be part of his "group", and nothing else.

The whole saga runs alot deeper than just Butt, Asif and Amir. I wouldn't be suprised if the PCB wasn't involved in some way.

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
The whole saga runs alot deeper than just Butt, Asif and Amir. I wouldn't be suprised if the PCB wasn't involved in some way.

I wouldn't be surprised either, but I'm sure ICC are investigating that in some way. All I'm saying is that the 7 that were accused to begin with, have their own group. That's why we saw Riaz wearing that jacket full of money, but that money actually ended up in Butt's hotel room....because Butt is the leader of the pack.

P

pcfan123

Actually Haroon Lorgat said that unless the PCB "invites" the ICC to investigate them and help restructure them, the ICC cannot.

I doubt the PCB will ever invite such self scrutiny. They will remain in place, these 3 will be the fall guys and the corruption will continue.

ZeeL4J8C2

School Cricketer
Who else would he have been talking to? A random guy from the street asking secret information and happily answering?

First off, this is NOTW taking advantage of people speaking out of an emotion. ALL OF US KNOW THAT SOMETIMES WE SAY THINGS WHEN WE ARE UPSET. Hameed for a long time has felt that Farhat was chosen ahead of him because of his family connections. Hameed was poor in these tests, this might have been his last go. I dont think PCB would have picked him for anything again anyways.

To corner him, make him think that he is letting off some steam, and then to put it in the news paper is the kind of thing the british do. They are a clever bunch, and thats why i stay away from their kind.

As to your comments about banning the PCB, I dont think thats going to happen. PCB brings in a lot of money for the ICC. Cricket in England and Australia, save for the ashes is dead. The only place where cricket matters is south asia thats it. Yes India is the main Honcho, but i ask you, how many people were there to cheer for England in England vs. Pakistan today. Not Many.

I doubt the ICC will want to give up on that revenue. INstead this whole investigation has been centered on three players, its not a coincidence. Dont expect anyone else to get banned. Hameed? well there was a good chance he wouldnt play for Pakistan again anyways.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I will slap any bookie who approaches me: Harbhajan - CRICKETNDTV.com

Harbhajan and his slapping fetish. Sreesanth must have been moonlighting as a bookie :laugh

As much as Harbhajan is the favorite 'hate' boy in the cricket world, I am quite confident he wont fall for such match fixing tactics. He is a fierce patriot who wont get into such things and spoil the country name. He might be a prick or an obnoxious weed, etc but match fixing? He would do what he has said in the above article.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Spot-fixing controversy: Yasir Hameed denies newspaper revelations that he was offered ?150,000 | Cricket News | England v Pakistan 2010 | Cricinfo.com

Key Statement:

Shahid Afridi, the Pakistan captain, was dismissive of Hameed. "I think he is 30, 31, but mentally he is 15, 16," he said after the Twenty20 at Cardiff. "I don't know with who he was sitting or in which situation he gave this message, I don't know but we have known him for a long time and we can expect anything from him. He has been doing these type of things a lot of time."

And when pressed on whether Hameed was unreliable he added: "Yeah, the people know which type of character he is."

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
As to your comments about banning the PCB, I dont think thats going to happen. PCB brings in a lot of money for the ICC. Cricket in England and Australia, save for the ashes is dead. The only place where cricket matters is south asia thats it. Yes India is the main Honcho, but i ask you, how many people were there to cheer for England in England vs. Pakistan today. Not Many.

I doubt the ICC will want to give up on that revenue. INstead this whole investigation has been centered on three players, its not a coincidence. Dont expect anyone else to get banned. Hameed? well there was a good chance he wouldnt play for Pakistan again anyways.

Haha. I hope this was sarcastic?

Pakistan brings absolutely no money into world cricket what so ever, the little money they did bring in has long since stopped when Sri Lanka were attack in the country. There were a hell of alot more England supporters at Cardiff as well so I don't know where you got the notion that it was full of Pakistani fans; most were staying well clear on account of the allegations hanging over Pakistan.

The ICC's investigation won't have anything to do with revenue which Pakistan don't bring to the game anyway.

And if you think that cricket is dead in Australia and England you are terribly mistaken. England play to full houses nearly every match they play whereas India and Pakistan play to empty seats in Test matches.

To corner him, make him think that he is letting off some steam, and then to put it in the news paper is the kind of thing the british do. They are a clever bunch, and thats why i stay away from their kind.

And well done for bringing the racism card back something which has nothing to do with the issue at all.

Last edited:

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Haha. I hope this was sarcastic?

Pakistan brings absolutely no money into world cricket what so ever,

I don't think this is entirely true. I think the money that would be generated by pakistan touring india would probably only be surpassed by australia. why do you think england scheduled 4 tests against pakistan and 2 against bangladesh? because pakistan are the better team?

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I don't think this is entirely true. I think the money that would be generated by pakistan touring india would probably only be surpassed by australia. why do you think england scheduled 4 tests against pakistan and 2 against bangladesh? because pakistan are the better team?
Even Pakistan not playing at all, people still pick up papers and tune in to hear about them. People love villains as much as they love heroes and watching to see a team get thumped is still watching.

Users who are viewing this thread