Sri Lanka tour of England - Limited Overs Cricket (May - June)

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This is definitely going to hurt Eng. He could have taken a below-250 score to 260-270 if he had stuck around. 230 looks a stretch now

--

Is it true ? The crowed booed @ Butler's dismissal ?

(Watching without audio)

Last edited:

War

Chairman of Selectors
Law 42.15: The bowler is permitted, before releasing the ball and provided he has not completed his usual delivery swing, to attempt to run out the non-striker. Whether the attempt is successful or not, the ball shall not count as one of the over.

If the bowler fails in an attempt to run out the non-striker, the umpire shall call and signal Dead ball as soon as possible.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The argument isn't that it was allowed in the laws, it was just so disgracefully against the spirit of the game. I liked how the Edgbaston crowd booed Sennanayeke mercilessly afterwards.

War

Chairman of Selectors
BpOBnzeCIAEvxfX.png

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
The argument isn't that it was allowed in the laws, it was just so disgracefully against the spirit of the game. I liked how the Edgbaston crowd booed Sennanayeke mercilessly afterwards.
Surely illegally attempting to steal a run before the bowler has delivered the ball is against the spirit of the game? I don't get it? EDIT: AFTER BEING WARNED TWICE!

If the guy's an inch short at the other end while attempting to get a single he's given out, but you don't care what happens before that? I don't get it at all.

Last edited:

Shrimper

Club Cricketer
Surely illegally attempting to steal a run before the bowler has delivered the ball is against the spirit of the game? I don't get it? EDIT: AFTER BEING WARNED TWICE!

If the guy's an inch short at the other end while attempting to get a single he's given out, but you don't care what happens before that? I don't get it at all.

It shouldn't matter if he's been warned (For doing what? What every batsmen does in a delivery?). You just don't do that as it shows a lack of class.

Senanayake's bowling has looked very suspect to throwing in this game as well, be interested to see the outcome of that report.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Funny how the guy following the rule is the one without "class"

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Look, you have a series at stake. There is no place for the "spirit of cricket" BS when you're tied 2-2 going into the final match. If SMSM(Senanayake's initials :p) had given Jos a reprieve, the same guys accusing him of a perceived "lack of class" will blast him for not having the "winning-mentality". And what's more, some of us here will accuse him of "match-fixing" :p

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Look, you have a series at stake. There is no place for the "spirit of cricket" BS when you're tied 2-2 going into the final match. If SMSM(Senanayake's initials :p) had given Jos a reprieve, the same guys accusing him of a perceived "lack of class" will blast him for not having the "winning-mentality". And what's more, some of us here will accuse him of "match-fixing" :p

Exactly !

I wonder how people would react if the situation was something like 1 run needed off the last ball with 1 wicket in hand. And the non-striker gains a definitive advantage in stealing the winning run, by stepping out before the release of the delivery.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
I don't see the problem at all. Senanayake gave him a warning, which is following the spirit of cricket. He's well within his rights to run him out after that and the blame should be going to Buttler for allowing it to happen.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
No. Not for me. The spirit of cricket is what marks this sport out above the others and applies whether it is the village green or the decider of an ODI series.

I know it was technically legal, but it was still a pretty rubbish thing for him to do.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Just curious on where do the guys, condoning this incident, stand on the Broad-not-walking incident

lion100lion

International Coach
No. Not for me. The spirit of cricket is what marks this sport out above the others and applies whether it is the village green or the decider of an ODI series.
Can you define what you mean by, spirit of cricket ? Is it human pity against the law ?
You can use laws, to your and your team's own advantage.. There is nothing cheating in it.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just seen the Buttler dismissal, what an idiot. Lets hope he learns from that mistake.

If we're going to win this we need to keep it very tight and take early wickets.

Users who are viewing this thread