England Tour Of Bangladesh 2010

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I think 200 is already interesting. As much as it is a slow track, it is day 5 and it can't be all that easy to score in excess of 3 rpo over two sessions.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Very good for Bangladesh to make it to lunch; when they get bowled out, England will lose another 10 minutes and you never know how precious that time could be.

shirazu

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Very good for Bangladesh to make it to lunch; when they get bowled out, England will lose another 10 minutes and you never know how precious that time could be.

If they could pick up another 20 runs or bat about ten overs they'd probably just be safe. I would recommend they take their time though. This should be a good finish.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Would like to see Shakib bring up his 100, he's already missed on on a couple of them in his short career.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hopefully Bangladesh can hold on for a bit longer and get a draw out of this and obviously Saqibul getting a 100 would be good.

shirazu

Club Cricketer
ugh...was the right strategy though I think, at least they got ten runs out of that last wicket.

shirazu added 3 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

Judging by cricinfo, that was an idiotic shot by Shakib. Was it that bad?

Nah, rubel hossain averages like 4 in first class cricket and that's after his best innings which was in this match. It's not like he was going to hang around and the field was up so there weren't many singles on offer. Just beaten by the turn.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
There was no single. Had to go for it, couldnt pull it off. Its tragic then stupid.

87 unlucky out, 96*, 96. All those scores from Shakib deserved to be a 100

Owzat

International Coach
It will be interesting, I think Bangladesh needed to burn up a bit more time to make it a dangerously appetising carrot to chase. 209 in just under two sessions should be achievable if one or two batsmen get scores, 230-240 in 1.5-1.75 sessions might have been a bit more demanding (nearer 4rpo than 3.5rpo)

EDIT : 209 from 54 overs, I thought it would be closer to 3.5rpo. Just another 20 runs using up five overs from Bangladesh and it would have been 229 from 49 at over 4.5 rpo

Last edited:

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Shakib talking to Tamim about his shot. Let it go Shak. You cant think about that now. Your bowling needs to fire now!

Owzat

International Coach
Don't tell me Bangladesh haven't got a third man! :doh Last thing Bangladesh can afford is 'gimme' runs. They also need to make sure they don't bowl more than the required number of overs

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
30-40 more runs, or -15 overs would have been good.

Only if Shak had got to his 2nd 100.

MacLovin added 1 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

ya great, open with Razzak! :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread