England 'A' in Bangladesh

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
If you can count then you should be okay, Mr Drewcy.

Carberry is in the runs again, good for him.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Nice to see our A team also lets teams off the hook from things like 45-5 :p

And that they follow Fletchers favourite surprise tactic of playing two wicket keepers. So far it seems Davies is consistently getting decent scores which is promising.

Sureshot

Executive member
Well it makes sense of playing two keepers. Both get plenty of Cricket, it suggests one of them will be playing Test Cricket come May.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I'm guessing Prior is keeping? Mainly because he's fairly useless in the outfield, and I would suggest there are more doubts about his keeping ability than Davies. If these two really are playing for a spot in the test side for next season it would appear Davies has edged his name in front.

Sureshot

Executive member
3 innings into the tour and you've made up your mind? ;)

Prior is keeping I believe. We have to pick one of those two, so far ahead of Nixon it's untrue.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Nah I actually think they should give Davies more time in county cricket and see if he starts next season in good form and carries on from last year, but you made a good point that by playing both of them in this game that they could well be directly competing for a spot in the test side next year considering they don't like Read, Nixon can't and shouldn't play test cricket, Jones is a waste of space and Foster is the forgotten man.

Just saying that if that's the case Davies would have to be the front runner at the moment due to consistently being in the runs, and by all accounts being a fairly decent keeper. Still I suppose a lot will depend on whether Fletcher is still in charge after the World Cup?

Sureshot

Executive member
If they don't want to risk Prior or Davies at an early stage in their career why not opt for someone like Sutton or Batty? I think the latter would do quite well.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I think Prior can be risked he's had more than one full season of county cricket unlike Davies. Priors also played some Odis and taken part in a Championship winning side so I don't think he's lacking in experience in the same way Davies is.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Nice to see Loudon showing he can wield a bat as he's never had that chance properly with England. Hopefully Smith can chip in with a few runs tomorrow as well.

Sureshot

Executive member
Well done to Loudon, we (as a team) put on 139 for the last 5 wickets. Yet to get one of their 2nd innings wickets though.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Yep, nice to see Loudon and Carbs in the runs.

Users who are viewing this thread