England Tour Of Bangladesh 2010

shirazu

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can't believe Shakib wasn't even worth an IPL contract. The way I see it he would be the best player on about half the teams and an automatic selection on the others. T20 is a game of holding down the runs and aggressive hitting, the two things he's good at. Instead these rubbish all-rounders that can't even play for the west indies or england get contracts based on playing two good innings against third tier bowlers.

Not that half these people running the teams have any idea what they are doing though. Ishant Sharma, worst limited overs bowler in modern cricket, 950 thousand dollar man.

P

pcfan123

This is not the IPL thread mate

hMarka added 17 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Dodgy call that (trott)

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
it's not my interpretation I'm questioning though, it's everyone elses that seems to run.

I don't want to get this into a big debate, because everyone comes into those with their minds already made up anyway, but I did think it was notable that one match with high runs per wickets was celebrated as a triumph of skill on one continent, and a disgrace to cricket on another.

This is one of the best replies I've ever read on PC. And I subscribe to your opinion.

I really wish Bangladesh pulls this one off, umpire forbid.

Brook

Club Captain
If England don't win after that I wonder how calm some of the fans will be.

Owzat

International Coach
One thing is for sure, if Bangladesh don't take a few wickets then England should win this comfortably. I mean let's face it, there may not be fielding restrictions, but if this were a 50 over ODI then you'd back the batting side to reach 209 off 50 overs easily, let alone off 54 overs. Sure there are not powerplays and all that, but it's not a demanding ODI total and the way you'd set about trying to defend it is by taking wickets.

Even if England hit a slow spell, as long as they keep wickets in hand then 100 off the last 20 should be manageable. That means 109 off 25-34 overs would do nicely with say two wickets down. I think England will be happier trotting along at a standard run rate of just over 3.0 rpo without losing a wicket than racing along at more like 4.5-5.0 rpo and losing wickets.

It would be a shame for Bangladesh if they lost this, England haven't really deserved the win. Bangladesh again batted with signs of ability but not being able to put it all together and get those extra 50 to 100 runs.

SEVEN batsmen in the 1st innings reached 30, four converted to 50 but only one got past 60 and even he didn't make three figures. 2nd innings FIVE batsmen got in, reaching 28+, and only two made 50 and one went past 52 and fell short of three figures - not that you can blame him too much. So in the Test TWELVE Bangladeshis got to 28, but only two got to and went past 60.

Of course if technology or the flawed referral system had been used by BCB then it could have been a comfortable draw or even a win for Bangladesh. I think they have not just shot themselves in the foot, but the moaning may continue long after so they've not so much shot the foot but blown it clean off! It will be interesting to see if it is used in the return series

shirazu

Club Cricketer
That was a good decision. If they show the frame before, look closely at the bail on the far side. There's a clear color change - the bail has moved (but probably not fully dislodged) before the bat has crossed. Given that the bat is still a few inches away there's no way he's actually in in time.

With that said I agree this type of decision would usually never be given out. Also this doesn't help Bangladesh anyway. Trott is horrible.

Owzat

International Coach
Aren't they using some kind of "super slo-mo" in IPL? Not that I'm sure close calls have to be analysed to a 100% certain verdict.

Run out isn't what England really needed, a solid 70+ run partnership using up a few overs more than the required rate just to get that solid base. 42 is a decent start, but the old "add two" threat where another couple of quick wickets leaves us in trouble has to be considered, especially chasing a total with limited time to do it. Silly dismissal, but I guess the thinking will be quick singles is the way to win it. I hope it is either Prior or Bell in next if KP gets out, or Collingwood if it is Cook. But this is England and Cook is Cook, I guess the batting order won't change

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
KP and Cook going about this chase nicely. KP will probably be the aggressor and try to up the run rate a bit so they don't get bogged down. Wish Cook would do the same for once in a Test.

Oh the cruelty, Shakib out for 96 on his birthday.

That's something I'd expect Pietersen to do. Rush of blood to the head and he's out stumped. Should've been a bit more patient.

Owzat

International Coach
Well what an anti-climax, should at least have been testing but they cruised home with nine wickets and TEN overs to spare

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Good performance in the end from England. Cook and Pietersen batted beautifully. Cook's record continues to improve, and at his age, I believe only Sobers, Tendulkar and Bradman had more centuries, that's some pretty nice company for Cook. Shame KP didn't have enough time or runs to score a century, but a pleasing innings all the same. Can't argue with a 2-0 win, although at times we looked a pretty poor side, Cook's captaincy and the bowling especially.

Also, would liked to have seen the reaction of the Bangladeshi fans if one of their players had been given out like Trott. No way on earth that should have been given, how did the umpire give it out?

angryangy

ICC Chairman
So in the past 12 months, Shakib and Mahmud are Bangladesh's best bowlers and perhaps, their only consistent ones. Yet in the 4th innings, Abdur Razzak bowled as many overs as both of them together. I can't help but feel they dropped the ball there.

Users who are viewing this thread