England Tour Of Bangladesh 2010

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
***Wiljoy joined in 2006 and only has 5 posts? LMFAOOTCWABOP :rtfl

Congrats on making a new swear. When did you come back from the dead? And maybe he saves his posts for the English. Who knows :p

rahuldravidfan added 1 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

why is it that once again a sub-continental pitch is coming under scrutiny for high scoring, yet the australia v new zealand match which actually had more runs per wicket did not?

Happens all the time pal. :facepalm

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Wasn't a very high bridge :p I just have a sore foot now.

He probably visits this site once per year :laugh

Oh c'mon. That is not fair. I wrote such an awesome obituary for you. It was the only thing in my sig for a such a long time. And you still are in my sig. Screw you maaaan :(

Try jumping from London Bridge this time :happy

And yes, Wiljoy seems like a stealth user here. :p

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Bowled Broady. Ball before looked out, but he's out now anyway. I think Broad's deserved that, think he's bowled better than his figures might suggest. Game is ours now I'd say.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Because NZ bowlers suck???

well, it's also pretty interesting that the bowlers of any pedigree in this match (broad, swann and shakib) have managed to take their wickets at a combined under 30.

unless you're suggesting new zealands attack is on par with Islam, Hossain, razzak, Finn and bresnan

TumTum

International Cricketer
well, it's also pretty interesting that the bowlers of any pedigree in this match (broad, swann and shakib) have managed to take their wickets at a combined under 30.

unless you're suggesting new zealands attack is on par with Islam, Hossain, razzak, Finn and bresnan

Australia took 20 wickets, NZ took 5. It's open to your interpretation.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Yeah, there was a bit in the pitch early on, but after that, it was pretty much Generic International Pitch Type A

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Australia took 20 wickets, NZ took 5. It's open to your interpretation.

it's not my interpretation I'm questioning though, it's everyone elses that seems to run.

sub-continent pitch are put together by greedy, money hungry boards and boost their flat-track bully batsmens' averages way above their skill level.

whereas other pitches in australia and england are "proper cricket wickets" and anything achieved on them is the result of talent, application and skill.

I don't want to get this into a big debate, because everyone comes into those with their minds already made up anyway, but I did think it was notable that one match with high runs per wickets was celebrated as a triumph of skill on one continent, and a disgrace to cricket on another.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Bangladesh need Shafiul to really blast some quick runs onto the board like he did in the first innings. I think lead of 250 would be interesting, but then you have to consider the time. Knowing England, if they're set a target of 200-250, they'd play for the draw for fear of being bowled out trying to go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread