England Lions in India

wolf

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
England Lions (aka the England A team) play in the Duleep Trophy event in India.

Squad
M Yardy (Sussex, capt), M Carberry (Hants), J Denly (Kent), J Foster (Essex), J Hildreth (Somerset), E Joyce (Middx), S Kirby (Gloucs), G Onions (Durham), M Panesar (Northants), L Plunkett (Durham), A Rashid (Yorks), A Richardson (Middx), C Shreck (Notts), J Trott (Warks)

Schedule

Matches start 9:30am local time and 4:00am GMT.

January
Tue 29 - Thu 31
Mumbai Cricket Association XI v England Lions
Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai

February
Sun 3 - Wed 6
Central Zone v England Lions
Moti Bagh Stadium, Vadodara

Mon 11 - Thu 14
West Zone v England Lions
Madhavrao Scindia Cricket Ground, Rajkot

Final (hopefully!)
Tue 19 - Sat 23
TBC v TBC
Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai

MCA X1 v England Lions Scorecard

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Didn't know the tour got under way. Not a bad side for the Lions. Good 90 from Carberry and great that Rashid got 50 as well to help his all round attributes.

Last edited:

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
I like the look of that side, some quality young cricketers, Hildreth, Denly, Trott, Rashid, Plunkett and Onions could all be future stars, it just doesn't look like there's room. Still think we lack a batsmen who can fight whilst things aren't going our way though like Thorpe or too a much lesser extent Colly and I don't see one from this lot either really.

Sureshot

Executive member
Am I the only one who thinks that Carberry is much under-rated? He seems to have scored lots of runs in the last 2 years or so.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I can see the England Lions Vs West Zone match becoming a high scoring draw. I think that the Lions could beat Central Zone, but it will all depend on whether Pankaj Singh plays; two good spells by him could lead to an upset.

zub2005

International Coach
want to see y pathan destroy the bowling attack.

wolf

International Cricketer
Bit of a mixed day in India for England. We declared on our overnight total of 311/8, and then proceeded to bowl MCA X1 (who incidently are anything but a X1, containing 15 players) for 165, Panesar taking five wickets, and Richardson having the amazing figures of 8-6-5-2. We then collapsed from 48/0 to 86/7 at the close.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Am I the only one who thinks that Carberry is much under-rated? He seems to have scored lots of runs in the last 2 years or so.
Yes! Go the Hants boy! Top scored with 91 in the first innings then made 26 in what looked like to be tough conditions in India.

(I have only grown to love him due to ICC06, but I do support Hampshire in real life now and follow them in the County season and do like him as a player;))

Sureshot

Executive member
Amazing fielder, quickest fielder I've ever seen. Good day for Monty and Richardson, not so for the batters.

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
I can see the England Lions Vs West Zone match becoming a high scoring draw. I think that the Lions could beat Central Zone, but it will all depend on whether Pankaj Singh plays; two good spells by him could lead to an upset.

It could be an upset before then! The Lions are in a lot trouble now!!

Problem with Carberry is that he hasn't had sucess in Domestic OD cricket since he only averages 25 without a hundred. His fielding add a lot but I think their is defiantly a screw missing in his game.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
It could be an upset before then! The Lions are in a lot trouble now!!

Yeah. It just shows the impact of a change of conditions. An effective Mumbai Second XI are matching up to an England Second XI.

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah. It just shows the impact of a change of conditions. An effective Mumbai Second XI are matching up to an England Second XI.

Yep. If your an England supporter, that fact would scare you. This batting line-up isn't too bad apart from Michael Yardy (which I don't rate). This Mumbai attack has pretty much gone straight through them.

We should all hang our head if the Lions lose this one (especially from here).

Animator!

School Cricketer
They haven't been in India long, give them a break. Takes a long time to adjust. It's a lot different playing games to nets. They just need time to settle down.

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
They haven't been in India long, give them a break. Takes a long time to adjust. It's a lot different playing games to nets. They just need time to settle down.

Yes, Indian conditions are very tough but 86/7 isn't a great scoreline but I suppose a lead of 232 on poor condtions isn't too bad a situation. Lets hope the batting can improve.

Users who are viewing this thread