4th Test: England v Australia at Chester-le-Street Aug 9-13, 2013

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Was this already known then or am I missing something? Not sure what you are trying to say........

Only that Haarithan had posted Bresnan was injured a few posts before you.

I think Tremlett's underrated. Go Tremlett.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Ah darn......didnt see that. Sorry. Thought it was an exclusive!:facepalm

Well you could just act like The Daily Mirror, pretend it is and splash 'WORLD EXCLUSIVE' all over your post anyway.

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Any chance both Tremlett and Onions make it now? Tremlett for Bresnan and Onions for Anderson? With no Bresnan to bowl that controlling line, England might be less inclined to bring in Finn for Anderson.

It lengthens the tail a little, but when your tail is batting down to number 10, that should not matter.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Any chance both Tremlett and Onions make it now? Tremlett for Bresnan and Onions for Anderson? With no Bresnan to bowl that controlling line, England might be less inclined to bring in Finn for Anderson.

It lengthens the tail a little, but when your tail is batting down to number 10, that should not matter.

Onions does have a broken finger. Not sure if that rules him out.

Owzat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've no problem with Tremlett, I like the guy, but maybe our policy is getting to be very hit and miss and I can't see an obvious reason for selecting him now. 19 fairly expensive LVCC1 wickets, 5 equally expensive YB40 wickets and his FLT20 wickets again costing around the 38-40 mark. I don't read huge amounts into county averages, but when they're not good you have to wonder on what they're basing selection.

Agree re the lower order batting, when we're worried Anderson batting nightwatchman puts Swann at 11 there should be few concerns about the tail not batting deep enough. We should be worried the main four bowlers aren't all firing, thankfully the aussie batting has hardly been the sternest test so Anderson's dip in form has not been costly.

Broad's done his usual trick of having a great bowl/Test and making it look like he's had a good series, yeah six wickets @ 52.00 before the 4th Test then 11 wickets @ a conveniently even 11 apiece in the 4th Test.

I read that there is talk Panesar's career isn't over, frankly if Kerrigan is as good a bowler then Monty's lack of batting and fielding prowess surely means he has literally p1ssed his career away ;)

Users who are viewing this thread