Sri Lankan players attacked in Pakistan?!

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I just saw the latest news video on the news and it showed one police was hiding in the bushes and only came out when the terrorist left. Also the police officer who was meant to protect the bus was playing dead. When the bus with the match official left he stood up.

whaaaaaat you serious? man you have to get me a video of this.

tech.007

Club Cricketer
Well I am not blaming Pakistan..but the whole scenario or drama was fixed and was aimed to do a copy of mumbai attacks and drag India into this...So that the focus of Mumbai attacks is removed.All this was pre planned and you will see more drama from Pakistan Government.

King Cricket

International Coach
Max, you are a good patch-maker, but you are not a good poster. Really Max, your posts make no sense. The Pakistani team was involved in that attack! :eek: Really the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life.

jordox

International Cricketer
Looks like some pretty damn coward police officers there. People died because they played dead or hid in flowers.

I don't understand why the terrorists never approached the vans, though. Incredibly lucky they didn't.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I know looking at that video the terrorist had free rein to do whatever they wanted. No one was left and what was worst was the officials were just left there while the SL team bus got taken to safety.

Taufel just had an interview.
"You tell me why supposedly 20 armed commandos were in our convoy and when the team bus got going again we were left on our own? I don't have any answers to these questions.''
Taufel fury over security failure - Cricket - Fox Sports

Now I can understand the police not wanting to get involved but if their was 20 armed commandos in their convey what happened to them during the shootings.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Is it true that the umpires were left in the middle of all the mess while the Sri Lankans were taken to the stadium? That's what it sounded like from Simon Taufel.

If so, that's ridiculous. Police playing dead and hiding... They shouldn't be police officers if they're gonna do that. Sure, I know they don't want to die. But this is their job, and that is to protect people.

tech.007

Club Cricketer
well sean in this part of country except few brave martyrs and brave cops ...police are totally corrupt....my salute to those who lay down their lives in these attacks.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
haha see the attitude of pakistanis here YouTube - indian terrorist attack on srilankan cricket team .. they are blaming indians lol.

Pak minister blames India for attack on Lanka team - Topix

Nah I think their blame does make sense here. I seriously see some involvement here from even Indian cricket team. India Vs New Zeland match was not reduced because of rain, but because the Indian team took a quick flight to Pakistan from New Zealand and fired at the SriLankan team, then flew back quietly.
Just a possibility though!

mukund_nadkarni

Club Cricketer
Guess what Mr. Bindra, ICC's principal adviser has to say to Pakistan.

From Cricinfo : link

"I am totally against Pakistan agreeing to play in the neutral venues because then you are ruling out for quite some time an option of playing within the country," Bindra told Cricinfo. "That's what I advised Ijaz Butt (the PCB chairman) in the last meeting of the ICC board in Perth (on January 31). I said, 'Don't agree to play Tests in neutral venues like England because then there will be reluctance on part of the players to come and play in Pakistan'. This is a very dangerous precedent and we shouldn't fall into the trap of playing in neutral venues on the grounds of security."

Why don't you just sit in a van and face some terrorists Mr. Bindra? Oh no, that would be a very dangerous precedent!

King Cricket

International Coach
Pak minister blames India for attack on Lanka team - Topix

Nah I think their blame does make sense here. I seriously see some involvement here from even Indian cricket team. India Vs New Zeland match was not reduced because of rain, but because the Indian team took a quick flight to Pakistan from New Zealand and fired at the SriLankan team, then flew back quietly.
Just a possibility though!

Yeah, you are right. It's quite funny you know, the way the Pakistani media sees an "Indian hand" in each and every terror attack that happens in their country. Then when terror groups from within their country claim the responsibility- they turn a total three-sixty degree. My question to these guys- what will India profit by blasting a country already tattered to pieces by terrorism? Or do we want to blacken our image in the intl community this badly?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Man I just saw that video that Syl posted and am a little disgusted. I can see why Broad+Taufel would be furious.

jordox

International Cricketer
Man I just saw that video that Syl posted and am a little disgusted. I can see why Broad+Taufel would be furious.

Very true.

Imagine the families of the men who gave their lives during this incident. Those poor people, who now know that their fathers, husbands, brothers died because their friends were too cowardly to help.

International Coach
the pcb president calling broad a liar is even more ridiculous!

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
Yeah, you are right. It's quite funny you know, the way the Pakistani media sees an "Indian hand" in each and every terror attack that happens in their country. Then when terror groups from within their country claim the responsibility- they turn a total three-sixty degree. My question to these guys- what will India profit by blasting a country already tattered to pieces by terrorism? Or do we want to blacken our image in the intl community this badly?
doesnt that work the other way too?
dont india blame pak for every little gun going off?

Users who are viewing this thread