Sri Lankan players attacked in Pakistan?!

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Has anyone else noticed what the address of this thread read in the address bar?? http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/cricket-discussion/sri-lankan-players-attacked-pakistan

Srilankan Players Attacked Pakistan:eek::eek: I know there is a automated sytem for the addresses of the threads here on the site but this one misleads the threads intentions by a mile.

max_dillon2007 added 3 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

I thought I heard from a news report that the 4th umpire died?
Seeing the news video yesterday and seeing exactly what happened for such a planned attack the execution was really poor which prevented a serious disaster from occurring.

I am not getting what your intentions were there. You wished for the execution to be perfect even if it is a terrorist attack?? If so then thats sick man.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
I am not getting what your intentions were there. You wished for the execution to be perfect even if it is a terrorist attack?? If so then thats sick man.

lol your trying to accuse somebody of something?

read the rest of his post man, jesus think before you post.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
That's quite not what he meant, max_dillon.

I agree that for 14 gunmen with grenades and RPGs to let their stranded and defenseless targets to get away is poor execution.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator

When did I say I wished the execution was perfect? I'm just saying it was far from perfect i.e stating the obvious.

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
Well i agree then it is a poor execution, but how come they were able to get so much ammunition near the stadium?? if pakistan said they waould provide top level security to the players then it means security not only in the stadium but also in the city and along the route. Two cop cars in these situtation were not enough. Thats normal securtiy. How terrorist knew bout the changed route??

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Maybe the Indian cricket team is behind it all, Dhoni seemed to know more than he was letting on perhaps he knew this was going to happen? He did make sure that they didn't travel to Pakistan and he may have got infomation to inform the terrorist that the route had been changed...
Oh wait Im just typing sensationalistic crap again

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
^^ LOL that was a good catch, but he got all serious, and thats when he killed the fun

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
No one was ever pointing this out about the Pakistan government before the Mumbai attacks, it didn't just suddenly happen with a click of the fingers.
Not much to add to this discussion, but I thought I'd point out that people have been pointing that out about the Pakistani government for decades. Almost every single terrorist attack in India has been traced back to terrorist outfits in Pakistan (usually LeT or JeM). The Indian government in the past has also accused the ISI of working with the terrorist organizations. It's just that the rest of the world doesn't care until their people are involved, which is what happened with the 26/11 attacks.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
i didnt said that younis is a terrorist. I said that Pakistan team mightbe tipped by terrorist to stay at the hotel . If you look at the odds of a team suddenly delaying its departure and then the other team geting caught up in a terrorist attak even after the route was changed at the last moment, then you would als osense something there.
Anyway none of you can deny that there was someone in security forces involved who tipped the terrorist bout the changed route

Thats a bit too far to say that the Pakistani team (or Younis!) are involved. Its just co-incidence that Pakistan happened to come later

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Is Gaurav really Chris Broad?
ICC referee Chris Broad's has suggested someone may have had advance knowledge of the attack on Sri Lanka's cricket team in Lahore and held back the Pakistan players' bus to keep them out of danger.

The former England cricketer says he has no evidence of a conspiracy, but pointed out the bus carrying the Pakistan team departed for the Gaddafi stadium five minutes after the Sri Lanka bus.

Broad questions bus delay - Cricket - Fox Sports

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Chris Broad didn't really liked Pakistan in the past very much, so it's no surprise that this kind of comments are coming from here. Dig up some old articles about him and you'll see what kind of person he used to be when he was a batsman and playing for England. He was at least involved in a match incident with Pakistan and some several off-match issues.

Also Younis Khan himself said that the Sri Lankan bus wanted to depart 5 minutes earlier. Also a significant issue that isn't meant in that article: the Pakistani bus was already driving towards the stadium later on. When they knew what happened they immediately went back to the hotel.

Also if the security forces were involved in some conspiracy, why would they kill 6 police officers.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Also if the security forces were involved in some conspiracy, why would they kill 6 police officers.

I don't think that anyone i saying that all the security forces were involved but maybe just one. Thats all it takes, one person to know when and where the bus is traveling and to tip off the bad guys.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I just saw the latest news video on the news and it showed one police was hiding in the bushes and only came out when the terrorist left. Also the police officer who was meant to protect the bus was playing dead. When the bus with the match official left he stood up.

Users who are viewing this thread