Sri Lankan players attacked in Pakistan?!

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
By visit again he probably means in the future. He wouldn't go back tomorrow which is how I interpreted it.

ofcoarse he means future...he said that when the security situation improves he'd be happy to go back..

great gesture by the srilankans though. In this situation you would expect anyone to just be totally mad and say they will never come back or how they hate this or anything...like dominic cork said...but the SriLankan players are truly amazing!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I am impressed that Mahela has the guts to say right now that he will tour Pakistan sometime in the future... Thats really brave to say it at this moment! Shows that whatever happens, his outlook is positive and he has displayed it in a great way.

Sri Lanka for sure will miss such a captain in him. Its sad that his last series as captain has ended in this fashion.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
I hope this doesnt encourage other terrorists groups in other countries to attack the sportsmen.

MacLovin added 1 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

oh and i have one Q. where were the Pakistani cricketers at that time?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I hope this doesnt encourage other terrorists groups in other countries to attack the sportsmen.

MacLovin added 1 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

oh and i have one Q. where were the Pakistani cricketers at that time?

They were 5 mins late in leaving for the stadium and they escaped, as said by Younis Khan

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
They slept in for five minutes, said Younis Khan. He was laughing and all bubbly during the press conference, I thought that was horrible.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
They slept in for five minutes, said Younis Khan. He was laughing and all bubbly during the press conference, I thought that was horrible.

seriously? :mad:

just read on CI. nice article by Sanga

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Standing still next to the roundabout we were sitting ducks for the 12 gunmen. We only found out afterwards that a rocket launcher just missed us as we began moving and turned for the stadium gates, the rocket blowing up an electricity pylon. Khalil saw a hand grenade tossed at us that failed to explode. Someone must have been looking over us because right now it seems a miracle we survived.

Holy shiznit, that is so freaking scary.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
'Bleak future for Pakistan Cricket' is a very good statement. Sangakarra's depth is enough to say that a lot of players will never want to go back there.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Truly summarised everything that happened! Thanks Sanga. Happy to note that you're fine.

Its tough now for Pakistan to have almost any cricket. This will leave a long lasting wound in the minds of all cricketers worldwide who will cite this reason to get out of a Pakistan tour. Why, even the boards wont think the same anymore when it comes to touring Pakistan. This is new, a cricket team being targeted by terrorists. I feel terrorists in Pakistan are getting more and more brave in attacking the people they want, the way they want to, etc.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
there are some pics on the players after they arrived in Colombo. pics are on cricinfo.

King Cricket

International Coach
I already said what I wanted to say just go back and read and pay attention. I bet you feel real proud of your self, going around bragging "I told you, I told you". As the Sri Lankan sports minister said they were there for 3 ODIs and there was no issues. The players were fine with going and playing and they didn't think that anything would happen.

Im sorry for trying to support the people of a country that is in deep **** at the moment unlike you who sees "Pakistan" and the 1st thing you think and say is "terrorists, murderers" get a grip and get a life man.

Woha mate, calm down, calm down.
Your post is a bit wrong. I have nothing to do with the Pakistani people. My issue is with the present Pakistani govt and not the whole of Pakistan. If you go through my Pak-related posts carefully, you'll see that I have not attacked/slammed/abused a common/ordinary Pakistani in a single post. Why should I? I know they are innocent, they are also the victims of terrorism like the Indians. I hate Pakistan's so called "democratic" govt , a bunch of cowards and terrorists and extremists. As long as they will stay, the terrorists will get more and more powerful in Pakistan. They are doing nothing to stop them instead they are making deals with them completely neglecting a common Pakistani and the country's safety for their own safety. I hate these guys and not the Pakistani people. And I have slammed them in all my posts and I will continue doing the same if they continue denying things. I just hate the present govt of Pakistan, the ISI, and some illiterate guts of the Pak army- not a common Pakistani.

Last edited:

Highlander999

ICC President
TBH, from a complety neutral view out of Southern Asia. It's all very well, saying that the Pakistan gov. doesn't deal with the situation very well, yet does India have terrorists running around it? No, they don't. It is highly likely that most countries would struggle, if the amount of terrorists present in it, was as high as there are in Pakistan. All I honestly see, is hate directed at Pakistan, because of the Mumbai attacks. No one was ever pointing this out about the Pakistan government before the Mumbai attacks, it didn't just suddenly happen with a click of the fingers.

This doesn't excuse what is happening, but I do think some views expressed are.....let's just say, rather narrow minded and without much thought put into how the running of a country actually happens

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
It's amazing how close the umpires came from dying as well. Simon Taufel and Steve Davis were in the car that was attacked. The 4th umpire got shot in the chest and the driver died. Over here they've talked about David, but there has hardly been a word about Taufel, and he's the best in the world.

We're all lucky they all survived and RIP those who didn't.

But will they all be fit for the World T20 tournament?

metallics2006

International Coach
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread