Sri Lankan players attacked in Pakistan?!

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Shocking news, just got a text on my way home from school. This is the worst possible thing to happen to Pakistani and Sri Lankan cricket, I hope all the players and other injured people can all make speedy, full recoveries and get home ASAP.

Frankly as sad as I am to hear this, it makes me angry at the Pakistanis who berated Australia for not wanting to tour, calling us "lily livered cowards" (Aussies are 'lily-livered cowards' - Cricket - Fox Sports) and assuring everyone that Pakistan was safe, and that high security would do the job. Here we have had police commandos, regular policemen and security all failing to stop a terrorist attack, and this must clear any doubt in anyone's mind that Pakistan is not safe to be playing cricket in right now. You have to wonder just how many assurances were made to the Sri Lankan Cricket Board to get this tour going ahead.
Another point to make is just how indifferent the terrorists are to the people they attack. It's nothing to do with the Coalition, it's nothing to do with Indo-Pakistan relations. It's not even like it was a case of being in the wrong town at the wrong time; it was clearly a directed attack. No team is safe there.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Another point to make is just how indifferent the terrorists are to the people they attack. It's nothing to do with the Coalition, it's nothing to do with Indo-Pakistan relations. It's not even like it was a case of being in the wrong town at the wrong time; it was clearly a directed attack. No team is safe there.
Yeah very true. I don't know much about Sri Lankan-Pakistani relations but I don't really think there's a lot of discontent between the two. Sri Lanka coming in was a great thing for Pakistan as a nation and the terrorists have clearly done this to screw with the country as a whole.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Let's see zMario amke an excuse for this. :rolleyes:

Shocking news. I hope all are alright and aren't too seriously injured. No one will ever go to Pakistan again. They should strip them of the WC immediately.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors

Shocking news. I hope all are alright and aren't too seriously injured. No one will ever go to Pakistan again. They should strip them of the WC immediately.

Geez you seem like your angry at pakistan. It's not pakistan it's just the very few terrorist in Pakistan.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
This is a shocking news. Quite pathetic, I think it can only be Taliban here by a rough thought, because no other terrorist groups are anti - pakistani (They just screwed Pakistan internationally).

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Geez you seem like your angry at pakistan. It's not pakistan it's just the very few terrorist in Pakistan.

What??? All it took a 'a very few terrorists' and a cricket team was nearly wiped out. I agree with Gilly, Pakistan won't be hosting anything for a few years. It's up to them if they want to continue to play cricket, it's just going to have to be at neutral venues.

As for 2011 WC, yes Pakistan is definitely out, but without opening a can of worms - India and Sri Lanka are hardly the safest places in the world either. I think the ICC should shift it to Aus/NZ, citing security.

Harrypotter_fan

Panel of Selectors
Yep. A World Cup in Australia/NZ would be awesome! I've never watched a World Cup played there, but then I've only watched two world cups.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
This is really sad for cricket and subcontinent cricket in particular.My heart goes out o the Sri Lankan side and supporters.They went to Pakistan to display solidarity and this is a real shame !
Shocking to say the least.Life comes ahead of cricket always.I hope the players are all safe.
We are talking of cricketing greats here.Sanga,Sanath,Jayawardena,Murali,Vaas !
Not that anyone`s life matters more than anyone else but this is tragic for cricket in Pakistan and cricket in general.

I would not be surprised if this is the last time we see a match in Pakistan for a long long time.
This opens up a bagful of questions,the most important one being the fate of the 2011 WC to be hosted jointly by the 4 nations !

International Coach
world cup should stay in the sub continent,india-sl-bang can host it.their definitely wont be any cricket in pak for atleast two years and with the way things are happening their wont be any sports in pak soon.

Amiya

Panel of Selectors
Sangakkara has been shot on his shoulder while Jayawardene on leg. Police are saying one player has been shoted on chest. OMG

metallics2006

International Coach
world cup should stay in the sub continent,india-sl-bang can host it.their definitely wont be any cricket in pak for atleast two years and with the way things are happening their wont be any sports in pak soon.
India- 26/11
Pakistan- This incident
Sri Lanka- LTTE problem

WC- Out of Asia.

Thurya

Club Cricketer
This indicates all terrorist are in one network. I suspect LTTE is behind this attack. They are going mad after their recent defeats in Northern Sri Lanka. Their supporters even protested in Canada, in front of the King City grounds when Sri Lanka playing for the Twenty20 Cup. As Ajantha Mendis is a Lutinent in SL Army, they are not happy with the Cricket team. They also have connections with Al-Queda. So this might be an order by them.

age of the fall

International Cricketer

I agree, He called us "Wimps" (well, i think it was him) for not wanting to tour Pakistan, Nice:rolleyes:

But then again, the bigger story from a few other things that could be said, this a just terrible news, For Sri Lanka and Pakistan. Pakistan because it will be a long time before anybody tours, and Sri Lanka obviously for the attack

I'm not a religious person, but you can bet I'll be praying tonight that everyone is ok. RIP those who died.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread