Standard Controls vs Classic Controls

thesweatyotter

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Currently I am playing only career mode in Cricket 19... I started with default controller (Standard)... I enjoyed the game more than Ashes Cricket using Standard controller and it is little bit challenging too (at first few days)... After several tweak and adjustment in gameplay setting, there is little part of me who started bored or hating game bit...
So I decided test the same (as per my liking) slider setting with classic controller (both batting and Fast bowling) and after few initial struggling period, i must say game feels completely different... I have enjoying the bowling with classic controller, now I can't able to bowl same length and line every time, it swing differently, ball bounce differently, Ai now take more chance in my bowling, they adding more type of shots and also try to find the gap, which I never seen before when I use standard Controls...
Same in batting too, now batting feel more challenging and it create a tense in my mind... Better part is, my AI partners start play in gap, they now playing different types of shots...
I think controls also make a lot of difference in the gameplay... What you think?...
Switched to classic pace bowling controls today and instantly noticed a big difference. As you said it is a much more enjoyable experience, especially if you’re like me and like bowling swing, because it is completely different to standard controls. First game I bowled someone with an in swinging Yorker, which I had never done before this, despite multiple attempts. Throughout today I picked up much better wickets with different types of balls nearly every time. On standard controls I would always just look for an edge for the wicket keeper or slips to catch, but with classic pace bowling controls the game feels much more open and way more fun. I’m still playing on standard batting controls because I find it easier and better to play on personally, but will probably give it another try soon.

Navathej

Club Cricketer
I have searched the forum but couldn't find the answer.
I know seam angle is something you can change when you select the type of ball and keep holding the left stick in Classic controls.

But does anyone know how it can be brought up in standard controls. I have an iffy right stick and it doesn't seem to work properly on the jump and release so trying to move to Standard controls for bowling pace but cant find the option to bring up seam angle.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I have searched the forum but couldn't find the answer.
I know seam angle is something you can change when you select the type of ball and keep holding the left stick in Classic controls.

But does anyone know how it can be brought up in standard controls. I have an iffy right stick and it doesn't seem to work properly on the jump and release so trying to move to Standard controls for bowling pace but cant find the option to bring up seam angle.
As far as I know seam angling is not part of standard controls.

Users who are viewing this thread