Your Cricket Starting to play cricket ?

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ahh yes. Play saturday cricket!! Its much better. 12's and under you play 30 overs each for one saturday and the next saturday both teams finish there innings.

Tom those stats are really good! Well done!!

punterpupnroy

International Cricketer
Ahh yes. Play saturday cricket!! Its much better. 12's and under you play 30 overs each for one saturday and the next saturday both teams finish there innings.

Tom those stats are really good! Well done!!

pretty cool, so does say 5 matches finish in 2mths and a half. sounds pretty good!:p

punterpupnroy

International Cricketer
it depends were in the us u are go back through the pages in this thread there is a couple of links about finding cricket clubs in differant countries have a look through there and see if there is a decent one where u live, than i guess email them and see if they can fit an extra player than if they accept u by a bat and protective gear and than practice. hope that helps. look here is one http://www.play-cricket.com/directory/directory.asp

Last edited:

Baron C

School Cricketer
Hiya guys
I am REALLY considering starting playing cricket but i'm not really sure where to start, i'm 17 this month and have really developed a love for the game over the past 7-8 months and love everything cricket. I really want to start playing cricket but i am stuck on where to start. I was just wondering if anyone knows any good cricket clubs in suffolk which are open to beginners. I'm about 5ft 8ish but pretty scrawney (9stone) and am abit worried i dont have the figure and build to play cricket but really want to give it ago. Only time i've played cricket is on holiday last year when me and my dad where playing cricket on the beach, him bowling at me (spin and some medium pace), i seemed to be able to hit the ball further than my dad, but it was only a tennis ball with a crappy ?8 bat from jjbsports. Any help would be welcome.
cheers guys
All you need to do is find a club in your area. Check the internet for the Suffolk cricket league and find a team that is near to you. Most of the bigger clubs run teams of varying standard, from beginner where you can learn the game, and progress onwards and upwards.

Also, check out www.tmsbexiles.org We are a charity team and have played a few games in Suffolk, including Southwold and Norwich in Norfolk

Users who are viewing this thread