Straight Drives = death (c&b)

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Yes this is true, although there does feel like a little super human weight shift from the bowlers at times. I got a caught brilliantly with C&B by Pattinson yesterday with both hands. It’s those that shift quickly and take it one handed seemed to have increased.

D

Dutch

Yes this is true, although there does feel like a little super human weight shift from the bowlers at times. I got a caught brilliantly with C&B by Pattinson yesterday with both hands. It’s those that shift quickly and take it one handed seemed to have increased.
Yeah the awareness of the bowler has been increased but might need screwing back a little? It is still possible to play those drives though! But it should be hard! Take any wagon wheel of a decent knock and the space between long off and mid on is relative empty unless someone is going over the top.

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Yeah the awareness of the bowler has been increased but might need screwing back a little? It is still possible to play those drives though! But it should be hard! Take any wagon wheel of a decent knock and the space between long off and mid on is relative empty unless someone is going over the top.

Yes it’s not impossible and you don’t want it to be easy for sure. Maybe just need dialling back a tiny bit. I get it when it’s to the bowler towards where they’re running. Just that sudden movement from one side to the other is a little annoying.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yes it’s not impossible and you don’t want it to be easy for sure. Maybe just need dialling back a tiny bit. I get it when it’s to the bowler towards where they’re running. Just that sudden movement from one side to the other is a little annoying.
The fact it oftens happens with the bowler just running down the middle of the pitch bugs me.

WickeySticket

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
I take back my earlier comment. Straight drives work well actually. I started timing them different since this post. Can't go too early of course cuz now your blade is on upward angle and the swing is almost complete = less power and then it goes to bowler usually.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I take back my earlier comment. Straight drives work well actually. I started timing them different since this post. Can't go too early of course cuz now your blade is on upward angle and the swing is almost complete = less power and then it goes to bowler usually.
yes but too late and it seems to do the same, which physics says should not happen cause the blad is angeled downwards....?

D

Dutch

yes but too late and it seems to do the same, which physics says should not happen cause the blad is angeled downwards....?
Yeah the top of the bat physics seems to be in reverse in some situations as to what you would expect in RL

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Straight drives are working fine in test matches but not in limited overs.
My shot timing slider in tests is 20 points higher than odi slider. But still i am getting lot of caught n bowleds in odis.

@Dutch can you plz compare odis n tests once and see if the fix is required in odis.

Sahil70

Club Captain
Straight drives are working fine in test matches but not in limited overs.
My shot timing slider in tests is 20 points higher than odi slider. But still i am getting lot of caught n bowleds in odis.

@Dutch can you plz compare odis n tests once and see if the fix is required in odis.

you think so? on what timing?

I'm assuming only on ideal, as I had one on good timing get c&b

Believe

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I've been C&B off probably 90% of the straight drives I've played recently, and the other 10% have been either dropped, or left alone and hit the non-strikers stumps.. Which sucks as I loved that shot..

I've tried different timing etc, but as a couple of other people mentioned, playing it early just pops it up in the air to the bowler, and playing it late does the exact same thing, just off the top of the bat rather than the toe, which would be fine if Ideal/Good timing shots weren't also all snatched out of orbit by Trent "10 foot armspan" Copeland.

I did take someones advice re: aggressive ground shots, which does actually work (as in, you can hit the ball within 2 metres of either side of the bowler without getting caught) however it is not an ideal situation, as the shot looks wonky, the actual timing is a bit suspect on it, and you still cannot hit it relatively close to the bowler without it being stopped.

I'd like the bowler awareness to be tweaked again slightly (if that it what was changed), though perhaps not back to what it was before as it was a bit too easy to beat them, but now I just find it frustrating that an entire shot has been taken out of the game. (at least in my experience with it)

Users who are viewing this thread