Stuart McGill

D

destroyersachin

McGill is nothing but a white hopping kangaroo murli is far better than him.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I

indyan

I don't agree with you.He is certainly a spinner as he can spin the ball.
I think he may arguably the biggest spinner in world cricket(even keeping Muarlidharan in mind).
And he has been succesfull in the past,just see the wicket's coloum next time around.I think he takes about 5 wicket's in every match on an average.

Many great bowlers have previously suffered at the hand's of Indian's (like Warne) previously.One bad series does not mean they are bad.He took a lot of wickets in West Indies and was probably the man of the series :scratch: (I don't remember it properly and I may be wrong.Please correct me in that case)
Only criticization about him is that he lacks control and bowls too many fulltosses and loanghops,but along with them he ball's a lot of wicket taking deliveries.
Instead of saying that Macgill bowled badly I would say that the Indian's played him well.

Murali Kartik is a good prospect but he had hardly played any test matches so we can't yet make comparisons with him.

C

ccshopland

Totally agree. Where is this hatred of Stuart MacGill coming from? MacGill is a wonderful spin bowler who takes plenty of wickets relatively cheaply. Certainly for a spinner. He is right up there with the worlds best, and I agree that his only weakness is his bowling of a boundary ball every two overs or so when he gets tired. I can't understand the attack personally. But it seems typical of the over-the-top Indian supporter who after a one off game has extreme views. From the jist of some posts apparently India are now the best team in the world and Australia are rubbish. Hmm, reality check please. The Aussies are without three of the best bowlers in the world, and although I want India to win the series some Indian supporters are definately the sing when we're winning type.

N

narcist

Originally posted by ccshopland@Dec 17 2003, 05:26 PM
The Aussies are without three of the best bowlers in the world, and although I want India to win the series some Indian supporters are definately the sing when we're winning type.
Excuses abound, aye!

McGrath can be comparable to Srinath, and Khan with Lee. Neither played in the last test. Well, I assume u meant Warne as the 3rd best but that fat arse deliberatly took some pills and landed himself in deep pooh. A banned cricketer doesnt count mate.

It was a balanced team, the onus was on the aussies coz of playin at home but they failed miserably....lets jus accept the Indians truly deserved to win!!!

C

ccshopland

Why excuses, I'm an England supporter? "McGrath can be comparable to Srinath, and Khan with Lee.". I hope you're being ironic Narcist, but Lee is far better than Khan for a start. And your first comparison of Srinath to McGrath is laughable. Srinath is not only not in the same ball park as McGrath, or the same state, or even the same country, but he's not even in the same planet as McGrath. You cannot compare the two sets of players, the Aussies are much, much weaker without Lee and McGrath than India are without their two bowlers. As for Warne, I didn't argue the toss about him not playing. Just that the Aussies are missing a briliant spin bowler. Sometimes though the nations joy clouds their judgement.

wackojacko

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Lee is coming back for the Boxing day test.

McGrath is arguably the best pace bowler in the world. He does not bowl fast, instead gots it on the best target everytime

U

uman

Originally posted by destroyersachin@Dec 16 2003, 10:26 AM

:lol:? :lol:? :lol:? :lol:? :lol:
i am with u. mcgill is a pooh only. before series started i thought he will be the one who do well from aus but na he did pooh only.

I

indyan

Originally posted by uman+Dec 18 2003, 08:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(uman @ Dec 18 2003, 08:42 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-destroyersachin
@Dec 16 2003, 10:26 AM

:lol:? :lol:? :lol:? :lol:? :lol:
i am with u. mcgill is a pooh only. before series started i thought he will be the one who do well from aus but na he did pooh only. [/b]
Uman what you have just said actually means that even you once thought that Macgill is a very capable bowler.
All of you are forgetting that Indian's are one of the best (if not the best) players of spinners in World Cricket.

M

monty

mcgill is better than warne
warne aint ever gonna play for aus again cause of all the trouble he gets into

N

Nirav85

funny how u say he isnt a spinner even though when he dismissed sehwag(2nd ind st gilly b maccy)...he spun the bowl a mile..and sehwag got bowled

C

chiraz

Macgill would WALK into the indian side....compare his record from around the world...compares very favourably to anil kumble....who struggles to take wickets away from india(same for harbijan)

A

aldersley03

macgill is heeps good. he ocasionally bowls a full toss or a wide ball bide it spins so much that the batsmen has no idea. he usually gets wickets off his bad balls. ive never liked warne 4 some reason.

in cricket 04 i gto 7 fro 16 including a hat-trick and 4 for about 9 includong a hat-trick in the same game. but it doesnt say ive ever gotten a hat-trick in the hall of fame. f**ken annoying.

A

aldersley03

i got those figures with macgill. i just thought i shood say that.

S

squiz

heres MacGill's test Statistics:
Overs: 1256.4
Runs: 3861
Wickets: 141
AveragE: 27.38
Best Bowling: 7-50
5WI: 9
10WM: 2
Strike Rate: 53.4
Economy: 3.07

That is top of the class A+

His one dayers are even better with an average of 17.50 runs per wicket

So any1 who says MacGill is pooh, have a good hard look at them stats!

Users who are viewing this thread