Stuart McGill

Z

zaf1986

Originally posted by amir51+Dec 30 2003, 09:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(amir51 @ Dec 30 2003, 09:23 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-indyan
@Dec 30 2003, 05:28 PM
remeber 92 finals
Remember !983 finals Kapil hit a 173 something when India was in deep trouble.He was a great bowler.Remember in most of his matches he bowled on the dead pitches of India.
buddy r u sure he hit 173...um i have that video and i remeber he got out for under 10...check the card [/b]
It wasn't in the final - maybe semi final or group stages.

Score of 1983 Final

India 183 all out
WI 140 all out

India win by 43 runs, and win the 1983 ICC World Cup.

N

Nirav85

it could be that or kapi l dev did get 173 and the rest of india got all out for 10 :lol:

Z

zaf1986

Originally posted by amir51@Jan 1 2004, 01:39 AM
it could be that or kapi l dev did get 173 and the rest of india got all out for 10 :lol:
nice thought, but here's the scorecard:

SM Gavaskar c Dujon b Roberts 2
K Srikkanth lbw b Marshall 38
M Amarnath b Holding 26
Yashpal Sharma c sub (AL Logie) b Gomes 11
SM Patil c Gomes b Garner 27
*N Kapil Dev c Holding b Gomes 15
KBJ Azad c Garner b Roberts 0
RMH Binny c Garner b Roberts 2
S Madan Lal b Marshall 17
+SMH Kirmani b Holding 14
BS Sandhu not out 11
Extras (b 5, lb 5, w 9, nb 1) 20
Total (all out, 54.4 overs) 183

S

squiz

Originally posted by amir51@Jan 1 2004, 01:39 AM
That would be hilarious

I

indyan

Sorry ,I just goofed up with that.I wrote it by mistake.I actually should have written the quarter finals(vs Zimbabwe).
But I am surprised that our statistician hasn't corrected it. :OOO:

U

USA

I have not seen much of Mcgill but he does not seem to be doing all that good in the current series. He has taken 13/500+ runs in 3 tests and is 0/65 in the 4th so far. I would not call that great bowling. Is he just going through a bad patch or is there a better spinner in Aus.

Also he has not faced the greatest challenge for any spinner. Bowling in India under the friendliest conditions. Warne failed miserably. How will McGill do?

S

squiz

no bowler has done well this tour, the highest average is 26 or so by agarkar.

kapi dev scored 175 against zimbabwe in the 1983 wc,when the team was 17/5.

J

jc135022

Warne is better than Murali, ive never seen murali bowl.
Only chuck.
He can go play base ball :lol:
See pic at left

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The pic at the left shows nothing. It shows him with a bent arm, but that is not against the rules.

If you can prove Murali chucks all the time, please do so, or at least explain your reasons for thinking a bowler who doesn't straighten his arm in his normal action is a chucker.

J

jc135022

No its a forum, i can place my thoughts here and express what i think. I dont have to back it up <_<

R

ricky123

Originally posted by jc135022@Jun 15 2004, 05:33 AM
No its a forum, i can place my thoughts here and express what i think.? I dont have to back it up <_<
:P here comes another one , he will surely pass sometime for andrew ,before he gives up :lol:

D

Dimuthu

ignore the dumbass... doesn't know the rules... just a monkey with a keyboard and half a thought...

Users who are viewing this thread