Stunning Graphics in Cricket 2002 & 2004

kalavala

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi,
I have recently upgraded my system and now I am experinecing some stuuning graphics in Cricket 2002 . I have the following vconfiguration.

Pentuim IV 1.8 Ghz
Ausus P4XP-X series Motherboard
256 MB DDR SDRAM
20GB Seagate HDD
64MB Nividia GeForce 2 AGP Card
Creative Audigy Sorround sound.

The above configuarion is the best enough to handle Cricket 2002 & Cricket 2004 to stunning graphics & speed. I am experiencing fast gameplay with full shadows & video screen on with this configuration of mine.

If any one wants to upgrade the system for future games please let me know so that I can help you with pricing and best possible combination. I am a hardware geek with Comptia A+ certification in Hardware.

BABAI :rolleyes: :) :) :)

R

ricco1

Originally posted by babai@Oct 29 2003, 08:02 AM
Hi,
? ? ? ?? I have recently upgraded my system and now I am experinecing some stuuning graphics in Cricket 2002 . I have the following vconfiguration.

Pentuim IV 1.8 Ghz
Ausus P4XP-X series Motherboard
256 MB DDR SDRAM
20GB Seagate HDD
64MB Nividia GeForce 2 AGP Card
Creative Audigy Sorround sound.

The above configuarion is the best enough to handle Cricket 2002 & Cricket 2004 to stunning graphics & speed. I am experiencing fast gameplay with full shadows & video screen on with this configuration of mine.

If any one wants to upgrade the system for future games please let me know so that I can help you with pricing and best possible combination. I am a hardware geek with Comptia A+ certification in Hardware.

BABAI :rolleyes:? :)? :)? :)

That's strange....

I've got an identical config to yourself except I have 1024 megs of RAM, and the game slows to a crawl when I enable full shadows!

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I have
Intel Pentium4 2.0 Ghz
32 MB Nvidia Geforce 2
256 MB SD Ram
Creative Vibra 128 sound card
80 GB Samsung +17 GB Segate HDDs

Cricket 2002 is very quick loading(even the EA's patch exe)and graphics are very good.

kalavala

Club Cricketer
I have a special patch in seeting that make it work if you guys wnat it please see my topic in the forums by title
"extraordinary patch"

babai

I

imported_zulaid

Hmm I also almost have the same config....I have:

P4 1,8 Ghz
64 mb Nvidia Geforce 2 GTS
60 gb hardisk
256 mb ddr ram
MSI motherboard, so great!! It can be upgraded much more!
great soundcard...

Hmm hope this will work great with cricket 2004...but babai how much will the grafics improve with a Geforce 4 128mb.... :D

A

Admin

but babai how much will the grafics improve with a Geforce 4 128mb....?? :D

To really be stunned you need to see any game on a Radeon 9800 XT :gasp:

N

nikhilverma

I want to ask a ques from babai
what was the cost of the total upgrade for you?

and ricco
the game's speed also depends upon the OS you are using and how well is the shape of your computer

I once ran the game with following specs
64 MB RAM --------> upgraded to 192 MB
8 MB graphics card --------> still there
Intel Celeron 633 -----> still the same
10 GB HardDisk----------> upgraded to 50 GB

Then too the game worked very smoothly
:cheezy:

kalavala

Club Cricketer
I totaly agree with you point. Here are the list of my upgrade and details. I previously had this configuration.

Intel CELERON 600 Mhz
256MB SD RAM
20GB Seagate HDD
64MB Nvidi Geforce 2 AGP 4X card from Pine (Xcalibure)

This I upgraded to the following:

Intel PIV 1.8 Ghz (Box Pack)----- RS. 4800
Ausus PIV XP-X motherboard (AGP 4X, DDR & SDR support) ---Rs 4900
256MB -DDR SD RAM ---2100
PIV Cabinet with 300 Watt Power suppy---1100

the total cost came to 13000 rupees.

Now the best feature in this configuration is the MB. It is the best motherboard better than Intel as it provides overclocking feature & Bothe DDR 7 SDR support plus supports USB 2.0 & also has 6 channel intergated audio & buit in NIC card.

Also I run Windows 98 SE OS in my system and keep the system resources free upto 85 to 90% while running cricket 2002. Also I am using the Nvidia 44.03 detonator drive for cricket 2002 as they are 30% faster than the regular drivers.

I also use a hidden setting patch to boost the Performance in Cricket 2002. the same I am attaching here.

To use this just copy the setting to the My Documents folder and place it inside the cricket 2002 folder. run the cricket 2002 and then you will notice that the setting are in 1028*768 with antiscopic filtering set to on. please change the display settings to 800*600 but donot tamper with the antiscping filtering, also make the AA to none in graphic seeting, now play the game and you will see a difference.

any more issue please let me know!

BABAI

Attachments

• settings.sgs
    64 bytes · Views: 28
V

vijaykr

Here's my config:
Celeron 1.7Ghz,
NVidia GeForce 2 (XFX GeForce2) 400 MX
256MB SDRAM
20 + 10GB HDD
Built-in Sound :( No Hardware Support for DirectSound :(

I'm using GeForce Driver 45.03
Game runs very well in both Windows Me and Windows XP but...

In Windows Me...
Sometimes, sound stops; When I press ENTER before the bowler goes back to bowl the transition is somewhat irritating

In Windows XP..
Its the best performace I could have imagined. But the computer restarts randomly.. I have turned off automatic restart option when System Failure occurs. I have seen that there's a paging problem with cricket 2002's use of n4_disp.dll. What could I do?

P.S :
I've used 44.03 driver. It looks alright as far as Sys Failure is concerned, but the performance is too slow for me to go back to 44.03 :(

kalavala

Club Cricketer
Hi ,

you can use the nvidi Omgea drivers if you are not satisfied with the 44.X driver they are simply cool, you will love it. also make sure that the AA is disabled and the VSync is always OFF in you CARD SETTINGS. You can downlaod the Rivatuner from Guru 3D to set off the VSysc.

babai

V

vijaykr

Thanks for this information! I've been strugglinhg with this problem for a long time. I hope these drivers would solve my problem! I love playing Cricket 2002 on Windows XP!

J

James Driscoll

Can you post some screenshots of these stunnign graphics? I'd like to see what the game's supposed to like compared to my makeshift graphics. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread