PC: T20 Blast Tournament - Series 1 - (Round 2)

ethybubs

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Do you have any suggestions for the tournament or format :

A 6 team final system where 1 play 6, 2 play 5 and 3 play 4, numbers regarding positions on the ladder.

then the highest ranked team to win in the first round moves through to the grand final while the other two winners play in a semi.

Casey12a

Club Cricketer
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It's a disgrace that the Bristol Bulldogs aren't included.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
It's a disgrace that the Bristol Bulldogs aren't included.

Sorry mate, just chose test grounds for the first series. If it goes well I may think of introducing a second division/league if the interest is there :).

I do also like the idea of a knockout between the top 4. Perhaps the traditional 1st v 4th - 2nd v 3rd would complicate it a little less though :D?

Last edited:

Wuzi

School Cricketer
A 6 team final system where 1 play 6, 2 play 5 and 3 play 4, numbers regarding positions on the ladder.

then the highest ranked team to win in the first round moves through to the grand final while the other two winners play in a semi.

I think the Big Bash finals is something to learn from. Melbourne Stars won all games till the Semi Final and were knocked out...

I think it would probably be easier and better, if 1st team went straight into the final, and 2nd and 3rd fought it out for the next position. It'd be more competitive with a fight for just 3 spots, rather then 4.

Lebanna

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think the Big Bash finals is something to learn from. Melbourne Stars won all games till the Semi Final and were knocked out...

I think it would probably be easier and better, if 1st team went straight into the final, and 2nd and 3rd fought it out for the next position. It'd be more competitive with a fight for just 3 spots, rather then 4.

I think you're idea is better than mine. With 9 teams fighting for the top 3 spots you've got a third of the teams going through rather than my idea of 4 where it feels like nearly half. Plus it gives a good incentive to come top rather than settling with 2nd place, and 3rd place is contested too as the final qualification spot.

ethybubs

International Cricketer
Who's to say if they had made the big bash finals like that then the stars wouldn't have lost the final? They will have to play a final some time and if they can't win finals then they don't deserve to win the league.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Hi everyone, if people wouldn't mind checking over the attached database which contains English domestic players for the auction that have performed over the past year or so. If anyone sees anyone missing or has any requests please feel free to mention them here so I can add them :). Also if you want to point out anyone you think is in the wrong classification (although this is just there for reference as there is no limits) feel free to.

Note : The auction has not started yet ;).

To be added so far :

M Prior
J Vince

Attachments

• Auctions Database.xlsx
    40.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Exo

School Cricketer
Hi

I am not very addapt to online gaming, so I just want to understand this more clearly.

So in the auction you bid on players, and the highest bidder wins that specific player he bid on, and that happens until you have filled up your quota of 15 players. Then you download those 15 players into your game and when you play in the league you are only allowed to use 11 of those 15 players?

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Hi

I am not very addapt to online gaming, so I just want to understand this more clearly.

So in the auction you bid on players, and the highest bidder wins that specific player he bid on, and that happens until you have filled up your quota of 15 players. Then you download those 15 players into your game and when you play in the league you are only allowed to use 11 of those 15 players?

That's more or less how it works mate :). You can change the 11 you chose out of your 15 every game of course. I'll probably put together the teams and stuff and just put them on CA for people to download to make it easier/more organised.

Last edited:

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Regarding the players, do you currently have them downloaded with all attributes completed and will you create the teams once the auctions have ended?

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Regarding the players, do you currently have them downloaded with all attributes completed and will you create the teams once the auctions have ended?

I think I'll put them together afterwards as there will then obviously be less less to make.

On a side note can anyone see anyone missing from the domestic database before I start working on internationals?

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can we relax the foreign player rule to 6 instead of just 4? That would allow us to create more stronger squads.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Can we relax the foreign player rule to 6 instead of just 4? That would allow us to create more stronger squads.

I did consider raising it to 5 subject to peoples opinion as I still wanted to keep teams majority English. Any thoughts?

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Even with 6 foreign player, there will be 5 English players forming the core of the team.

Users who are viewing this thread