Draft: T20 Leagues | Draft complete | Big Bash League vs Bangaldesh Premier League | Final posted

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Me too actually. He did play in...I think the first ever CPL...but at this stage in my draft I want to fill things with batsmen. Early days still. Seeing the slinger Malinga with a little bit of added weight is always a memory of "what he once was" and not "what he is".

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Also, in the same line as Malinga...I'm not sure I'd want DJ Bravo in my squad. The wickets he takes don't justify his economy or his strike rate.

(But he is a very cool guy, met him in person before and he was absolutely normal.)

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
True, but this draft is meant to take a players overall performance, not just how he ends up.

All the drafts I've played, I've picked players based on their peak performances not just how they started or ended their careers. Unless otherwise specified.

For his peak, there was almost no one better than Malinga at the time

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Nothing behind that, it's just random banter. I would have loved to have Lasith in my squad, but you stole him. At his peak there was no better, but overall...?

(EDIT: STILL won't want DJ Bravo in my team.)

Last edited:

Akshay.

National Board President
India
Mumbai Indians
Champions League Winner
Profile Flag
India
:saf: :bwl: Dale Steyn
wickets in 217 inns @21.48, Economy 6.75, BBI 4/9

Highly rated in tests, but his record is quite good in T20s as well picking up a wicket every 19 balls and conceding just 6.75 runs per over. He has represented many teams around the world in T20s.
He represented Cape Town Blitz in MSL and has picked up 27 wickets in 17 matches.

Mzansi Super League XI
  1. ?
  2. :os: :ind: :bat: Virat Kohli
  3. ?
  4. ?
  5. ?
  6. ?
  7. :os: :tat: :ar: Dwayne Bravo
  8. ?
  9. ?
  10. :local: :saf: :bwl: Dale Steyn
  11. :local: :saf: :bwl: Imran Tahir
@Rabbit Hood

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Azam will be my first local pick..

Rabbit Hood's PSL XI:

1. :aus: :bat: Chris Lynn
3. :pak: :bat: Babar Azam
6. :jam: :ar: Andre Russell
8. :eng: :bwl: Jofra Archer

@CerealKiller would be next

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Mitch Starc, who is part of the Sidney Sixers, will partner up with Bumrah. Good luck, batsmen.

CerealKiller’s BBL XI
4. :aus: :ar: Glenn Maxwell
8. :tat: :ar: Sunil Narine
9. :aus: :bwl: Mitchell Starc
11. :ind: :bwl: Jasprit Bumrah

@ahmedleo414
No. That was my next pick :(

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
I will continue with a Shoaib Malik

8bda583e68abfc27a1a3f38def22cd89_new_thumb.jpg

Stats|Matches|Runs|HS|:bat: Ave|100s/50s|Wkts|BBM|:bwl: Ave|4w/5w
T20 |386|9,781|95*|37.46|0/61|147|5/13|27.08|1/2
From cricinfo:

"There is almost no role in a cricket side that Shoaib Malik hasn't filled, so much so that over ten years into his career, nobody is sure what his precise and best role is.

In essence, he is a batting allrounder, though he started his career as an off-break bowler. Partly the problem is that he is capable, as a batsman, of fulfilling many roles with some competence. He has had success as an opener in Tests and ODIs; he has been game-changing as a limited-overs one down and dangerous as a lower-order slogger; often he has been a stodgy middle-order bulwark. In Twenty20s, he can be brutal anywhere.

It is thus difficult to recall a definitive Malik high; was it his maiden Test hundred as an opener against Sri Lanka in Colombo? A few hands that led to an ODI series win against India in 2005-06? A Champions Trophy hundred against India?

His basic game is tight, especially in the subcontinent. He isn't pretty, though there can be pleasantness in his high, stiff-elbowed drives and lofts. Square on both sides he is precise. Further, he runs well. With his flattish, very modern off-spin always useful for more than a few overs and a wicket here and there - less so after concerns over his action - and an athletic and languid presence in the field, Malik should be far greater a sum of his parts than he actually is.

He was for long earmarked as a potential captain - the late Bob Woolmer thought him the sharpest tack in Pakistan's set-up - but a stint with the captaincy was troubled, unimaginative and ended badly. It got even worse when the board banned him for a year in March 2010 as part of its unprecedented action on senior players after a disastrous tour of Australia."

Just realized, my team will be all South Asian players

ahmedleo414 BPL draft:
  1. :os: :ind: :bat: Rohit Sharma
  2. ?
  3. ?
  4. ?
  5. :os: :pak: :ar: Shoaib Malik
  6. ?
  7. ?
  8. :os: :afg: :bwl: Rashid Khan
  9. ?
  10. :os: :sri: :bwl: Lasith Malinga
  11. ?
@NePtuNe Gaming

Last edited:

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
Avengers
My next pick will be Ben Stokes
upload_2020-6-21_20-11-3.jpeg

He is so good that Virat Kohli said his name after getting his maiden test ton :p
This guy played 3 matches in the Suoer Smash and one of them was a 47 ball 93. Born in New Zealand, no team will celebrate victory when this man is still batting.
Winner of the Sir Garfield Trophy for ICC trophy for the ICC player of the year 2019, BBC sports personality of 2019 and New Zealander of 2019, his form recently has been stunning.
Neptune's Super Smash Team
1. :nzf: :bat: Martin Guptill
2. :aus: :ar: Shane Watson :os:
5. :eng: :ar: Ben Stokes :os:
7. :ind: :wkb: M S Dhoni :c::os:
@qpeedore you are next

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
My next pick will be Ben Stokes
View attachment 233644

He is so good that Virat Kohli said his name after getting his maiden test ton :p
This guy played 3 matches in the Suoer Smash and one of them was a 47 ball 93. Born in New Zealand, no team will celebrate victory when this man is still batting.
Winner of the Sir Garfield Trophy for ICC trophy for the ICC player of the year 2019, BBC sports personality of 2019 and New Zealander of 2019, his form recently has been stunning.
Neptune's Super Smash Team
1. :nzf: :bat: Martin Guptill
2. :aus: :ar: Shane Watson :os:
5. :eng: :ar: Ben Stokes :os:
7. :ind: :wkb: M S Dhoni :c::os:
@qpeedore you are next
Uhm,
So here’s my team as of now...

1. ?
  2. ?
  3. ?
  4. :local: :eng: :ar: Ben Stokes
  5. :local: :eng: :wkb:Jos Buttler
  6. :os: :tat: :ar: Kieron Pollard
  7. ?
  8. ?
  9. ?
  10. ?
  11. ?
Ben Stokes might just be the most complete all rounder in modern day cricket. Good enough to make any team as a batsman, good enough to make a team as a bowler, fit enough to do both in each match, unlike some of that mould, like Andre Russell, whose fitness does hamper his bowling a little. Barring the 2016 WT20 Final, he has the ability to keep calm in pressure situations, as we all saw in the World Cul final, and that Headingly test. Plus, his fielding makes him a complete package.

As for Jos Buttler, another person with a calm head on his shoulder, he could probably make any side as a batsman. Jos Buttler is the closest batsman we have had to AB de Villiers. He can hit the ball out of the park with such ease, bowling to him is a nightmare, especially if it is in the death overs, or in the powerplay. Add to that, his keeping , and you get one of the best limited overs player in the modern game. Although he has had a lot of success opening the batting, he’ll play at no. 5 for me, to finish the innings in style when we are somewhat 160/3 after 18 overs.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A bit surprised to see that present day Malinga is considered to be past his peak. I still believe that he is better now than he was four years ago for some reason. Maybe because he has fully adapted to his current fitness levels?

Users who are viewing this thread