T20 Should have something forbowlers too.

Do you agree with the changes suggested below?

• Total voters

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just a few ideas.

1) A bowling powerplay which lasts 5 overs, and instead of the field being in, the batsmen aren't allowed to hit the ball. Therefore, if you can get 10 hits of the stumps in 30 balls, you should take this powerplay immediately, and you might just bowl the team out for 0. Batting team gets to fiddle with their order, obviously, so you won't be able to get the best remaining batsmen out every time unless you are accurate enough.
2) Three sets of stumps. The batsman can't defend them all. Run up as if you're going to bowl to one set, and then change it up at the last second and have a crack at another set. Will really test bowlers' accuracy, as an agile batsman could only cover two sets at best.
3) One hand one bounce.
4) All fielders get gloves, to increase the chances of catches.
5) If the ball hits the batsman anywhere other than the bat, it's adjudged LBW. Occasionally, if it's a bad shot, it might be LBW anyway.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
After reading all this, i even forgot that IPL has T20 format!

These ideas are good, maybe, maybe in the future, we can see U10s, Backyard cricket or anything doing this for fun. Really, no offense. But this can be hilarious. So, the question of implementing these rules into International levels, okay, into T20s, that's not possible. At least let cricket remain Cricket!

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
Just Letting everyone know, I still enjoy the good old TEST CRICKET most. Ther were a lot of great test matches in 2008 than ODI's or T20.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Just a few ideas.

1) A bowling powerplay which lasts 5 overs, and instead of the field being in, the batsmen aren't allowed to hit the ball. Therefore, if you can get 10 hits of the stumps in 30 balls, you should take this powerplay immediately, and you might just bowl the team out for 0. Batting team gets to fiddle with their order, obviously, so you won't be able to get the best remaining batsmen out every time unless you are accurate enough.
2) Three sets of stumps. The batsman can't defend them all. Run up as if you're going to bowl to one set, and then change it up at the last second and have a crack at another set. Will really test bowlers' accuracy, as an agile batsman could only cover two sets at best.
3) One hand one bounce.
4) All fielders get gloves, to increase the chances of catches.
5) If the ball hits the batsman anywhere other than the bat, it's adjudged LBW. Occasionally, if it's a bad shot, it might be LBW anyway.

+1.

My favorite would be number 2. Was thinking it ain't fair with just 3 individual stumps.

King Cricket

International Coach
hi guys,

After the Overdose of T20 in IPL, don't you think that it should have something for bowlers too? Well i do think so. We have introduced fielding restrictions,free hit,wide ball-noball restrictions and a lot of rules against the bowlers to improve ODI. We are trying to reduce bowlers to Bowling machines. Here are few sugesstions which can improve this condition.

1) Remove the No-Ball restriction from T20.

This works in both was. Only a exceptional bowler can bowl back to back accurate bouncers, and a good batsmen would still score runs of bouncers and mediocore struggle.

2) Remove the backfoot noball or increase the crease for backfoot noball.

This would introduce new angles in game. Balls would come at a sharper angles and we would see a more exciting contest(Ntini would go crazy if this happens)

3) Introduce Strike Out System of Baseball, that is ,if a batsmen doesnt touch 3 consecutive balls then he is out.

4) If no run is scored of three consecutive balls but batsmen managed to touch them, then a a penalty should be orced on batsmen. so batsmen would play next three balls with an offstump gaurd.

5)Remove Wide ball restrictions.

6)Remove the limit on the amount of overs a bowler can bowl in a match. This would allow captain to use his inform bowler to full effect(this should be used as when two batsmen can play all 20 overs then 2 bowlers should be allowed to bowl 20 overs if they are willing to do so.)

I cant recall anymore, so you help me if you have any new suggestion.

The DUMBEST thread I have ever come across in my life.

Last edited:

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
In all seriousness, I think it should be fair game for the bowler to hop to the other side of the stumps at the last second. If the batsman can play the switch hit and essentially become a Left/Right hander, why can't the bowler go around/over the wicket at the last time without informing anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread