Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
S.A. & S.A. vs M & M

Gul vs Malinga

Misbah vs Mubarak

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Sri Lanka can't keep relying on Dilshan though. They've been lucky that he's been able to come to the party everytime they've needed him.

I was surprised by Mathews. He was bowling like Glenn McGrath at one point!

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
Pakistan need to get rid of Dilshan early..and Jaysuria as well...these 2 are the most dangerous, if we can get both of them in first 6 overs it could really help. Also, for Pakistan to win, they have to bat first.

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
this only proves one thing very clearly, "u cant win magor cricket matches with ur awsom batsmans. to win you need the bowlers then batsman. worlds best 2 bowling team in the final but i san Sri Lanka coz their bowling looks to have more fire power
as i can see it
malinga = gul
murali = afridi
ajntha = ajmal

angryangy

ICC Chairman
It's interesting how the tournament has rolled away from easy scoring and increasingly placed more emphasis on bowling, to the point that the final game of the tournament resembles the conclusion of a John Woo film, with either side primed to shoot the other down.

Nevertheless, on bowling form, Pakistan are still the team that robbed South Africa of a just reward. South Africa retain the lowest RPO and the second lowest average of the tournament, with their total wickets standing equal with Pakistan. They were also the most resistant batsmen, but their eventual failing proved to be a slight tendency to be too resistant and score too slowly.

In direct comparisons, Sri Lanka's batting appears better, but their batsmen appear fewer. Dilshan has scored enough for two batsmen and Jayawardene, Jayasuriya and Sangakkara have all contributed large scores. For Pakistan, totals have often been underwhelming, but while no batsman has scored more than 57, six have contributed scores of 30+. In the event of a low scoring game, as this shapes to be given the bowlers on show, Pakistan do hold great potential in being able to withstand the loss of wickets better.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Pakistan do hold great potential in being able to withstand the loss of wickets better.

Can't say I agree with that. Sri Lanka have far better middle-lower order batsmen.

Pakistan really don't have any batsmen in form, Akaml is really the only batsmen that has done alright iirc.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I will be happy to see any of these two winning this competition because, its been a while that Pakistan or Lankans have won a major competition. Lankans have the mighty bowling line up, and they look favorites to me.

but wait, who knows, when an unbeaten side (SA) has already been choked by Pakistan, the other unbeaten side (Lankans) can also get the same result. :p

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
Can't say I agree with that. Sri Lanka have far better middle-lower order batsmen.

Lower order batsman are Sri Lanka's weakness actually. Their strength is their top 4, then after that they don't have hitting power. I would take likes of Misbah, Younis and Razzaq over Mubarak, Chamara Silva, and Angelo Mathews (their mid-lower order today)

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My Analysis:
In Bowling:
Spin:
Pakistan:97%
Srilanka:92%
Fast:
Pakistan:95%
Srlianka:97%
First 6 overs:
Pakistan:86%
Srlanka:92%
Middle Innings:
Pakistan:96%
Srilanka:89%
Towards end of Innings:
Pakistan:98%
Srilanka:95%
Spin Variation:
Pakistan:98%
Srilanka:97%
Reverse swing:
Pakistan:99%
Srilanka:93%

Batting:
Depth in batting
Pakistan:89%
Srilanka:83%
First 6 overs:
Pakistan:87%
Srilanka:94%
Middle Innings:
Srilanka:87%
End of Innings
Pakistan:94%
Srilanka:93%

Overall
Srilanka:95%

My choice:
I am Pakistani so I will really backup Pakistan,They have great ability to beat any team on their day.Srilanka is very strong at the moment but semi final has shown lots of weakness in their batting,most of their batsman are not really in great form in big games like finals.Still it will be very tough to beat them as they are good players of spin.
Pakistan on the other hand have Good batting lineup with worlds most explosive batsmen,great spin attack and superb depth bowler with extra fantastic ability of reverse swing.
I really love If Pakistan lift the rophy this time.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
i had a strong feeling from the start of the tournament that lank is going to win.
I still believe that Lanka will win and after seeing Lanka's performance in Semis, Lanka is looking unstoppable.

King Cricket

International Coach
My Analysis:
In Bowling:
Spin:
Pakistan:97%
Srilanka:92%
Fast:
Pakistan:95%
Srlianka:97%

This is strange. The Lankys have Murali and Mendis, two of the bests in the business ATM- yet Pakistan gets 97 and they get 92! Again you guys have the likes of Umar Gul and everyone when it comes to fast bowling- yet you think Sri Lanka's pacers are better! Why is that?

Insomniac

Title Recipient
This is strange. The Lankys have Murali and Mendis, two of the bests in the business ATM- yet Pakistan gets 97 and they get 92! Again you guys have the likes of Umar Gul and everyone when it comes to fast bowling- yet you think Sri Lanka's pacers are better! Why is that?
I have to agree with this - give me a few mins and I'll churn out some statistics rearding the bowling combinations of the 2 teams in the T20 WC (I won't use all T20s simply because Afridi has vastly improved although I would expect them to be similar)

jordox

International Cricketer

Probably because he is just putting random % numbers in there with no rating system what so ever.

That'd be my guess :p

coolz_hari

International Coach
With Pakistan
inform bats man are

1.Afridi 2. Younis khan 3. Misbha

In srilanka 1.Dilshan 2. sangakkara

I really take edge on pakistan . as they don't want to loose second time.

Users who are viewing this thread