Taking new ball?

fezza

Club Captain
I am on the PS4 version if it makes any difference. I have tried with official default teams and grounds - both in Play Now and Ashes mode, Test and First Class. Same result except sometimes the ball seems barely worn after 70-odd overs, sometimes very worn. Either way no new ball is offered or available. I save and reload the game at least once before 80 overs. Playing on default Medium settings.

Very odd that this has not been picked up at beta stage - new ball tactics are so fundamental to Test Match cricket.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
I am on the PS4 version if it makes any difference. I have tried with official default teams and grounds - both in Play Now and Ashes mode, Test and First Class. Same result except sometimes the ball seems barely worn after 70-odd overs, sometimes very worn. Either way no new ball is offered or available. I save and reload the game at least once before 80 overs. Playing on default Medium settings.

Very odd that this has not been picked up at beta stage - new ball tactics are so fundamental to Test Match cricket.

Well given some seem to be able to take the new ball, is it not feasible that no one in the beta team has had the issue?

Reactions: DAP

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Mention it in the Bug Report thread with your version number (in the credits screen) as there might be a particular build/version specific to a region which has the bug.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It's not there for me. PS4 version 1.04.

The latest patch was released halfway through this test match so maybe that's why?

r8XuNoc.jpg

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's not there for me. PS4 version 1.04.

The latest patch was released halfway through this test match so maybe that's why?

r8XuNoc.jpg
May be you can quickly simulate anew game with 1.04 patch and see..

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
May be you can quickly simulate anew game with 1.04 patch and see..
You were right.

So the latest patch doesn't apply to saved games?

zEmUoyi.jpg

D

Deleted member 193590

@MattW
Here's video footage of me not getting the new ball,this is a new series started after latest patch.if you notice at the start of the 80th over I get no notification for the new ball.but at the end I show that I have notifications turned on.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
I best hope I bowl out England in less than 80 overs in my ongoing save game then :D

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Here's video footage of me not getting the new ball,this is a new series started after latest patch.if you notice at the start of the 80th over I get no notification for the new ball.but at the end I show that I have notifications turned on.
Can you think of anything unusual in the match - did you play through all the overs, save and come back to it, or simulate part?

D

Deleted member 185125

Btw I had simulated to get to the point for my video,to get the option to take the new ball.

Users who are viewing this thread