Taking new ball?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well given some seem to be able to take the new ball, is it not feasible that no one in the beta team has had the issue?

I’ve just had it today (on1.05) having not had it prior so it does seem to be something that isn’t constant and therefore easy to miss I guess.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Can you think of anything unusual in the match - did you play through all the overs, save and come back to it, or simulate part?

Hi Matt. I’ve just had it come up today having not had it prior. I’ve not simulated anything, I can’t recall there being any rain breaks or anything to affect the over count.

I’ve exited and checked the match type (it’s a custom one) and it has new ball available after 80.

Nothing else unusual in the match except the bug I’ve already reported regarding some logos not loading when saving and resuming.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I too can’t get the new ball and in my current match bowled the opposition out too soon. I noticed that my reviews did go back upto 2 at 80 overs but I’ve had two full tests where it’s just not there. I’ll just wait until the next time possible to have another look. Looks like some of us can and some can’t. PS4 and patched upto date.

D

Deleted member 193590

Can you think of anything unusual in the match - did you play through all the overs, save and come back to it, or simulate part?

I never simulate the game but I do save and come back to it 2 or 3 times a day.It's the 4th time I've got to the 80th over in a test and I've never yet been offered the new ball.So maybe it is a save thing?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I never simulate the game but I do save and come back to it 2 or 3 times a day.It's the 4th time I've got to the 80th over in a test and I've never yet been offered the new ball.So maybe it is a save thing?

This is an interesting observation. From memory, when I received the new ball option it was a single play session with no save/resume in the innings.

This innings where I’ve not got it has indeed been over multiple play sessions with save and resumes

Save and resume seems to mess up a few things - in this match kits haven’t loaded their logos after save/resume.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Save and Resume has been the Culprit for alot of things in previous versions of the Game, so would probably be the same here.

Previously ,

Saved Field Position Pre-Sets
Pitch Degradation
Opponent Names turns to Cencored
Some Logo`s on the Bats

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Save and Resume has been the Culprit for alot of things in previous versions of the Game, so would probably be the same here.

Previously ,

Saved Field Position Pre-Sets
Pitch Degradation
Opponent Names turns to Cencored
Some Logo`s on the Bats

it's as if BA recruit exclusively from a developer school where the textbook is missing the pages about storing and retrieving variables.

.Jambo.

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Only been playing Ashes tests so far. 2nd test, England need 52 to win, 2 wickets remaining... 80th over comes and goes, no new ball. Run rate increases from 2 per over to 6. Australia lose the game. I got pretty annoyed to be honest. Fair few hours of grinding out a couple of decent totals and over 150 overs of bowling all up.

Saved a few times over the course of the game (I can play for a hour a day tops) and no pitch visible pitch deterioration, no ball wear and this issue... really seems like it would have come up and been noticed before release.

It’s a good game, I’ve been enjoying it quite a lot, only tests so far, but these three things along with the legacy problems such as batsmen constantly hitting balls to the leg side, bowlers doing the special deliveries/around the wicket trick, same dodgy fielding issues (another button press for aggressive throw at wicket would be great. Although slightly irrelevant if fielders stop dead to look at the ball before picking it up).

JauntyM

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Keep the game updated guys it will work

Alberts

International Coach
Latest patch, FC match, and the same issue. I'm assuming it's because I don't play the game in one sitting (ie I play about a couple of sessions at a time), so the game may well only being counting overs of that play session. The ball itself also doesn't look particularly old despite being 84 overs old at this point.

.Jambo.

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Latest patch, FC match, and the same issue. I'm assuming it's because I don't play the game in one sitting (ie I play about a couple of sessions at a time), so the game may well only being counting overs of that play session. The ball itself also doesn't look particularly old despite being 84 overs old at this point.

Bit disappointing. I can never get the time to play a whole game unless I’m in career. I might give the game a miss until this is fixed up. I was really hoping pitch wear resetting on save would be fixed up for this release.

Alberts

International Coach
Just in general, it appears that despite some improvements, this game is still best when played all in one sitting (something not really possible for tests unless you have a lot of free time). Ball and pitch wear don't seem to save, and that's a bit disappointing.

@BigAntStudios, is this intended behaviour (not the new ball thing, but rather the lack of saving wear) or is it a bug that's just managed to survive from Ashes Cricket to Cricket 19?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Just in general, it appears that despite some improvements, this game is still best when played all in one sitting (something not really possible for tests unless you have a lot of free time). Ball and pitch wear don't seem to save, and that's a bit disappointing.

@BigAntStudios, is this intended behaviour (not the new ball thing, but rather the lack of saving wear) or is it a bug that's just managed to survive from Ashes Cricket to Cricket 19?

Been present in dbc14 and 17 as well.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I created a match type with new ball due at 40 overs.

I batted first, played all in one session and the AI took the new ball at 40 overs. There’s a bug where the new ball animation played at 40 and 41 overs - as if they took it twice.

I was out before 80 overs so dunno what would have happened.

First save was after 2 overs of AI batting.

I resumed and played a long session. I didn’t receive a new ball option at 40 overs. Thought I might receive it at 42 overs (40 overs into this play session) but I didn’t. Bowled up until 45 overs before saving but still didn’t get a new ball option.

So it’s not as simple as save/resume resetting the new ball count.

ChrisCricket

Associate Cricketer
6wAVR2j.jpg

New Ball cutscene, AI take new ball on 80 overs exactly, 1st Test of my Test Series v Australia

Big Ant thank you for patching this in, nice work

Reactions: DAP

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
6wAVR2j.jpg

New Ball cutscene, AI take new ball on 80 overs exactly, 1st Test of my Test Series v Australia

Big Ant thank you for patching this in, nice work

As far as I’m aware this has been there throughout?

What’s not there is the human player getting the option to take the new ball if there is a save/resume at any point in the game

Users who are viewing this thread