Tech Support

Varun

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Went to take part in the TCS IT-Wiz competition today, the questions were of top level. Too bad I didn't stand a chance.

Gurjot95

National Board President
Is Iphone available in India? The last time I checked was in November and it wasn't released yet though it was planned to be released in November. I think it's better to just wait for Iphone 5 which is rumored to release this year.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Yep, always see them at the iStore. They didn't have the 4 when I was there though (July/August) but the 3GS was available. I wouldn't wait for the 5, you guys are looking at a good 1 - 1.5 year wait i think.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
iPhone 3GS is available in India (my mom bought one a few months ago).

The iPhone is released roughly every year (June 07, July 08, June 09, June 10). Going by that trend, it is plausible that the next iPhone may launch in about 5 months. It's not like Apple hit the ball out of the park with the iPhone 4. Can't confirm, however, whether it is a major overhaul or just a few hardware upgrades (faster processor, more memory, etc.) like it was from 3G -> 3GS.

Chewie

BCCI President
I think that's a firefox feature. I use chrome and that extension as well

P

pcfan123

Ok so first day back in a classroom environment after 3 + years and I realized something, I can't hand write anymore! I haven't written more than a few pages worth at a time and not quickly at all these last few years. Hands cramped up like a grandpa in class.

Anyhow, I'm going to Best Buy after class tomorrow and going get the cheapest notebook they have, I need something small enough to fit in my backpack (which is not a fat one), can run Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer.

Not asking much, any suggestions? or anything to look out for? I literally only need this to type lecture notes, that's it.

Chewie

BCCI President
Ew internet explorer. The problem with small notebooks/net books is that they have tiny keyboards for writing on and can be rather uncomfortable

P

pcfan123

Not a problem for me, I can easily type 60+ wpm (many errors easy to spell check later) and on my old work laptop.

Either way I'm not hand writing notes, I fall behind too much

Varun

ICC Board Member
I can type 50 WPM on my current keyboard. I would actually interested to see how much the speed is for other people.

Chewie

BCCI President
Mines up near 100. Where can you test it?

Chewie

BCCI President
I got an adjusted speed of 86 wpm there. I've gotten higher before but I suppose not consistently.

Chewie

BCCI President
Tried again on a different passage, and got 102-4 = 98 lol

Users who are viewing this thread