Tech Support

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I fixed the joystick on my psp yesterday, so my joystick now no longer moves around randomly!

I started opening it up last week, but after getting 4/5 of the screws out the 5th one started stripping.

It turns out the screwdriver I was using was too big, so I got a smaller one from my dads work and it was pretty easy after that.

I made the mistake of doing it in a room where there's a crap load of dust, so it was a bitch trying to get all the little crap off the inside when I was done, you'll know what I mean if you've opened one up.

My umd slot is still screwed up though, which I'm pretty sure is because of the laser. You put the umd's in, and it just makes a squeaking/buzzing sound when it tries to read it, but it never does. I think fixing that would be a bit out of my league, and also it's a lot harder to buy one of them compared to the joysticks.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My main concern would be that the processor is one of the older models of i7, and not the newer Sandy Bridge based ones.

The HD5770 is supposed to be pretty decent (graphics card). Dunno if it'll run the games on high though, depending on your screen resolution

On a new computer I would have thought that it would have USB3.0 though.

P

pcfan123

is this processor better than that i7?

AMD Phenom™ II processor 1090T*

----------

and this GPU

AMD Radeon HD 6770 graphics

Chewie

BCCI President
The i7 is perfectly fine, I think the 1090T is recommended for people that could actually use all six cores, like video editors or photoshop people.

No idea about the HD6770, haven't heard much about it. I think it's only just been released.

Chewie

BCCI President
Reading around, people don't recommend the HD6770 at all.

As far as I can see, the only difference between the two is the processor. The i7-2600 is the new architecture and more highly clocked (i.e. faster).

As well as that the first one doesn't have HDMI output for some reason :/ You can get adapters, but I would go for Dell - Studio XPS Desktop / Intel® Core™ i7 Processor / 8GB Memory / 1.5TB Hard Drive - X8300-5215NBK

It's an extra fifty bucks, but when you're already splashing out over a thousand it doesn't make to much difference.

----------

Gaming CPU Hierarchy Chart : Best Gaming CPUs For The Money: March 2011

The i7-2600 is rated a category higher than the i7-860

Chewie

BCCI President
I've just started using Dropbox. It's an online storage website that gives you 2GB free, and you can add more by doing a number of things. I use it mostly to sync my university stuff between my two computers, but I can also now access all my files on my iPhone. If you want to sign up can you please use the below link so that I get extra storage through the referral :)

http://db.tt/LPhLkEQ

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
I've been using that for about a year now. So I can't give you the extra space :p

Chewie

BCCI President
Damn :p I've only just got around to setting it up. I have 1GB of uni files at the moment, and that'll increase. And if I want to store other files too then I'll run out.

Might have to start using a few different programs for different things...

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
I've just started using Dropbox. It's an online storage website that gives you 2GB free, and you can add more by doing a number of things. I use it mostly to sync my university stuff between my two computers, but I can also now access all my files on my iPhone. If you want to sign up can you please use the below link so that I get extra storage through the referral :)

http://db.tt/LPhLkEQ

if you want more space you can make an extra gmail account and use that 7.5 gb space for free for storage/backup purpose with Gspace .

Users who are viewing this thread