Tennis Thread

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ivanovic goes out again, really she has performed well just in 2 grand slams and in the rest she hasn't reach the semi-s. She has been a little better than what Sania Mirza has been.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Sounds like her serve went to crap. Sad that I won't be able to see her here.
The Dellacqua was interesting for the small bit I saw, Karolina Sprem actually had one challenge left in the tie break a ball got called out was actually in and that was the end of the match. I think she gave up or his thigh injury was causing too much problems.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Wow what a thrashing to Clijsters, 6-0 6-1, never thought I would see her being beaten like that especially not by Petrova. Henin and the Williams would have to be favourites.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
WORLD No.1 Roger Federer has revealed how close he came to emigrating to Australia as a youngster.

Federer's father Robert, who is employed in the pharmaceuticals industry, spent three months working in Australia when his son was aged about 12. The family loved the lifestyle so much Down Under that they seriously considered moving permanently from Switzerland.

How different would the modern history of the sport in this country be if they had made the switch?

Roger Federer

Now that would have been interesting. Would have been our greatest tennis player although that is assuming our coaching system would have got him through which I expect it would have.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How does someone like Hewitt play Federer?

His forehand is just phenomenal. His positioning and placement is like none other.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The last two Aussies gone in similar fashion. Bashed out of the match by the serve of their opponent while their own serve was solid enough. The only way to beat Federer is to have hold all your serves and hope you can pounce on the odd mistake in Federer's serve. Very hard to come by though as hes so accurate with it. Williams was exactly the same but more brutal in that regard, never let Sam into the match.

harrisb

International Coach
Murray in the final, played some amazing tennis today, and showed some real fight after going 1 set down.

one shot in particular, in the last game of the match i think, murray served it onto the right line, and cilic managed to get it back, cilic returned it so well that murray had to run to the ad-boards, hit it back around the net, and it dropped in.

truly amazing, and i can't wait for the final on sunday.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I really hope Murray wins this. not just because I've pretty much supported him as my favourite sportsman since 2005.

but with the grand slam monkey off his back, I think he'll really step up. Murray playing a slightly more offensive game has the potential to be the dominant player over the next year or two.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
I really hope Murray wins this. not just because I've pretty much supported him as my favourite sportsman since 2005.

but with the grand slam monkey off his back, I think he'll really step up. Murray playing a slightly more offensive game has the potential to be the dominant player over the next year or two.

Big no no to Murray.
Federer will win this time.:banana2:hpraise

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Paes looks set to add to his doubles titles list.
Paes and Navratilova was best combination for me though.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Andy-Murray-celebrates-wi-002.jpg
nov262007_2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread