cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
And some more gameplay footage...

D

Dutch

Mmmmm its like a kind of badminton????? the sound is weird too...like someone slapping plastic cups on the counter.....a lot of good though.....

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
And some more gameplay footage...

Felt I was watching top spin 4 tbh. I know it’s from same makers but seemed really hard to hit a winner, the ball never went out and recovery seemed to easy. I am not too impressed I am afraid

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Felt I was watching top spin 4 tbh. I know it’s from same makers but seemed really hard to hit a winner, the ball never went out and recovery seemed to easy. I am not too impressed I am afraid
Again, it just goes to show how tough it is to get every element of tennis right first time. Although many may disagree BAs approach to small scale release then global seems the way to go. Look at the progress they have made in 6 weeks

cricket_online

ICC Board Member

I like Top Spin 4 better TBH. Didn't like the players able to get to nearly all the shots. They may need to reduce the reach of the players a bit but there's still a couple of months to go so I'm hopeful.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
One more gameplay video with details... this time in English

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
One more gameplay video with details... this time in English

Thanks for that, but they really really need to tune the recovery of the players. It’s ridiculous how practically every shot is got back in court !

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Thanks for that, but they really really need to tune the recovery of the players. It’s ridiculous how practically every shot is got back in court !

They sure do. Currently there are two things which I find need tweaking :-

1. Shots seem a bit slow or floaty. They need to increase the speed of the shots a bit.
2. The players can reach literally every shot from one end to another. So they need to tone down on the reach of the players.

But I'm quite optimistic about the final product as they have a couple of months to go and lot of folks have provided similar feedback so I expect them to tune the gameplay by the time French Open rolls around. I recall when Top Spin 4 was released human players could win points easily by playing shallow cross courts with acute angles and they patched it out. They also made hitting aces difficult as I recall you could ace the AI easily when using right stick. Once they patched TS4 it was the best sim ever and hopefully World Tennis Tour can set a similar example.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Another video with plenty of info and details about the game. The good news is the video's from "pre beta" state and the description about career mode sounds promising...

cricket_online

ICC Board Member

cricket_online

ICC Board Member

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Found a lot of details about the career mode, gameplay, online etc. The more I read about the career mode, the more comprehensive and in-depth it appears. Here's the article and scroll down past the 'The Golf Club 2019' part to get to the Tennis World Tour piece...

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...ur-and-mlb-the-show-18-s-diamond-dynasty.aspx

Yes, the career mode does look interesting. It might be the feature that persuades me to get the game. We'll see.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
There's a new website for the game:
https://tennisworldtourgame.com/

It says if you pre-order, you get Agassi, and if you pre-order the Legend edition, you get McEnroe. You have to choose the country you're in when you pre-order, but, strangely, the USA is not one of the listed countries.

There are also a couple of videos on the game's Facebook page.

Users who are viewing this thread