Test configs - where is it

J

jonah

Btw, this topic must hold the record for the amount of threads in BLC Online forums! ;)

paul r smith

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Iaq, I will re-send the stumps, there must have been server problems here,
Zimrahil, re the captures: at this moment in-between the deliveries your slip fielders, and others but you can only really see slips, should do 3 things roll thier heads from side to side,swing arms from side to side and round and round, it looks as though they are warming up!. These are rot.93a,93b,93c. You need to replace these with rot.96,clapping and/or rot.74,bowler marking his run
eg. 2 copies of 96, re-name 93a,b
1 copy 74 re-name 93c
then install to capture folder, same as you did the leaving the ball
131 captures (131,e,f,g), also concern the fielders standing awaiting delivery, you could also alter these. 135,135b are the slip fielder stances captures
any queries let me know
regards,paul

paul r smith

Club Cricketer
Jonah, I too have tried to find the appeal, with the intention of using in pad soft/med, I think it must be in the bnk files, I tried to alter these with goldwave and extract the appeal, no joy, there are people who altered the sound files, ie. commentary, maybe they could assist, I think this would add to gameplay and is the sort of thing I mean by a test improvement patch, I also tried importing sound from other applications, sound activated by the ball hitting the pad, it did not come out too well though.
regards,paul

iaq

Club Cricketer
zim ya it was test enhancement patch... but in main page of this site it is written about odi

paul r smith

Club Cricketer
Jonah, and others, I have found the appeal sound files, they are in pcsound/spool/english-indian-westindies
eg.spool/english/homebat1/wav.4
I will try to implement them in - to gameplay.
regards,paul

iaq

Club Cricketer
paul can u add more spin for off spinner... just as murli do on any track... if it is possible then it should be included in test improvement patch

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
Paul
thanks again for the info on the captures - I will give it go :)

Iaq, its not an ODI batting config 2 patch. It is infact the test match batting configs. Ste must have got confused I think

paul r smith

Club Cricketer
Iaq, to add more spin to the ball here is what you do, again back up Zimrahils testinternat, open your test internat, ammend to the following
Leg Spin Bowler
;
LegSpinFlipper 28284
LegSpinSpeed 1500
LegSpinBoost 21604
LegSpinDamp 45452* the higher the value=more turn
LegSpinGreen 54321*the higher the value=more turn
LegSpinNormal 35248*the higher the value=more turn
LegSpinHard 48140*the higher the value=more turn
LegSpinDusty 59420*the higher the value=more turn
;
; Off Spin Bowler
;
OffSpinArm 13108
OffSpinSpeed 2200
OffSpinBoost 18788
OffSpinDamp 37380*the higher the value=more turn
OffSpinGreen 14836*the higher the value=more turn
OffSpinNormal 24504*the higher the value=more turn
OffSpinHard 51620*the higher the value=more turn
OffSpinDusty 51364*the higher the value=more turn
;

Alter each value to suit the pitch, you will need to find your preference as too much turn produces poor cricket in terms of byes etc.

regards,paul

I

iant

I have tried out these changes in tests and already I'm well impressed with the more realistic play so thanks to Paul and Zimrahil (and anyone else who had input) for their efforts - it is appreciated.

I have done work on the graphics files on the High Heat Baseball series which are widely used by the players of that game (my add-on files for that game are known as 'Supertask 1 & 2' for anyone who is familiar with it) ...
But last year I spent a little time looking at the files in BLara.

If it is of interest to you Paul or Zimrahil I have information about the function of the 'restitution' numbers in the bowling '.cfg' files

I have not noticed this mentioned on this board but if you are not already familiar with those figures then let me know so that I can actually put what I know into words for you.

J

jonah

iant,
I may be wrong, but am I right in that
wicket restitution XZ = speed after ball has pitched (reduce value = less carry)
wicket restitution Y = height of bounce (reduce value = less bounce).
Not too sure on the other values, other than the condition means the type of wicket and the rolling restitution is the speed of the ball on the ground.
Like I say, I may be wrong, but I'd be interested to hear of your findings.

paul r smith

Club Cricketer
Yes I would like to see your info, this is an area that I think we could improve, eg. More bounce off the wicket, yet achieved by not having the delivery speed too much and continually passing the keeper. Also, It would be interesting to see if we could have more bounce off the bat, ie. a square cut played in to the ground bouncing high off the deck.
regards,Paul

Users who are viewing this thread