Test Teams by Decade for Cricket 24

Hi all,

After spending some time away from the boards, and waiting for the '24 to come out I will resume my odyssey of creating all the players who ever played Test Cricket with over 10 caps and more such as famous cricketers including Rebels and South Africans.

I actually achieved this in Cricket 19.

In Cricket 22 if my memory serves me right managed to do every decade team from the 1950s up to the current day, including the South African teams that were banned because of Aparheid too.

I believe that Cricket 22 creations are compatible ( I hope so and if so they will be under "Mouseydread" or "MV", but should be under "Mouseydread".

So I will resume from the 1940s down to about the 1900s decade. My intention is to tighten up a few of my creations too and I always give credit where it is due for uniforms, bats, etc.

I will also continue adding in great teams as well which was a lot of fun too.

It was a lot of fun over the past 5 years and continued what had been a tradition for me anyway since Ashes 17.

Great to see many of the old faces on here still!

And so it begins............

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Excited sounds.

I built my 1993 India Squad for c24 nearly exclusively from your India 90s team, I think I needed only 1 or 2 others. And England 93 is a mix of my England 86/87 and your England 90s.
Post automatically merged:

@Mouseydread FYI all the rebel logo team logos and the springbok logo are under Friedlele on the academy

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I did a few Indian players for my 1992 retro IPL on C22, I don’t know if they’re as good as your creations but I could share them if you need them since most of the ones I did were one cap wonders or players that only played a few games before being discarded. :)

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Great stuff guys, I've checked online and my teams are still available.
Username : Mouseydread.

I don't think I did too many 2010s decade teams, but I shall put a list up of what I have done so people can find them again, there are quite a few,

All Decade National Teams
All Star Teams - Including 1990s Draft League Teams ( I think I did 10 teams made up of 1990s stars.
All Time Great National Teams - E.g 1948 Australian "Invincibles", 1984 "Blackwash Team".

Soon as I re-download them to my drive I will update my lists here.

All-Decade National Teams
Australia 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s.
England 50s, 60s. 70s, 80s, 90, 00s, 10s,
India 50s, 60, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s
Pakistan 50s, 60,s 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s
New Zealand 50s, 60s, 70s, 90s, 00s
West Indies, 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s,
South Africa 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s
Sri Lanka 80s, 90s, 00s,
Zimbabwe 80s, 90s,
Bangladesh 00s

Great Era National Teams
Australia 1948
Australia 1949/50
Australia 1979/80
Australia 1989
England 1953
England 1954/55
West Indies 1950 (The 3 Ws and spin twins Ramadhin and Valentine)
West Indies 1976 (The "Make Them Grovel" Series)
West Indies 1979/80 (The 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse" - Roberts, Holding, Garner and Croft at their peak). IMO The greatest of West Indian teams.
West Indies 1984 (The "BlackWash" Team)
West Indies 1988

World Cup 1992 Teams
Australia, England, Sri Lanka, West Indies, India, Pakistan, South Africa, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, (Kits were from @wasteyouryouth and @Rowdoss)

All-Star 1990s Draft League Teams
Dragons, Eagles, Falcons, Jaguars, Lions, Pythons, Stallions, Tigers, and Wildcards (9 teams made of 1990s All Stars + Wildcard 1990s squad of players who missed the initial cut).

All-Star Decade Teams
1960s All Stars
1970s All Stars
1980s All Stars
1990s All Stars

*With creations from 2000 onwards, the majority are my creations but there are imports of others. ( I have previously given credit to the old threads- I will put them here too, when I find them!)

Many thanks!

Mark

Excited sounds.

I built my 1993 India Squad for c24 nearly exclusively from your India 90s team, I think I needed only 1 or 2 others. And England 93 is a mix of my England 86/87 and your England 90s.

@Mouseydread FYI all the rebel logo team logos and the springbok logo are under Friedlele on the academy
Thanks @blockerdave

Last edited:

pinku

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Did a first draft of Curtly Ambrose.

Looking for the MCC logo for @blockerdave I came across my Cricket 19 '1980's Hundred' teams. Considering doing that again.

View attachment 285422
Awesome stuff buddy. Can i please request you to upload Uk tv broadcaster logos (if you have them from before) like Bbc Sky Sports etc as i am hoping to download your stadiums and give them a retro look. Also if you have Bt sport and Cornhill insurance that would be great too. Would love to add these to sightscreen sponsors (as on field custom sponsors are not working at the moment) to give an authentic look. Sorry if i’m asking for too much.

A second pass
View attachment 285436

@Mouseydread I can start my own thread, just ask. Otherwise I'm just downloading your stuff and playing about in Photoshop.
Even Better! Would love an @wasteyouryouth @Mouseydread @blockerdave collab.

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Awesome stuff buddy. Can i please request you to upload Uk tv broadcaster logos (if you have them from before) like Bbc Sky Sports etc as i am hoping to download your stadiums and give them a retro look. Also if you have Bt sport and Cornhill insurance that would be great too. Would love to add these to sightscreen sponsors (as on field custom sponsors are not working at the moment) to give an authentic look. Sorry if i’m asking for too much.

Even Better! Would love an @wasteyouryouth @Mouseydread @blockerdave collab.
@wasteyouryouth go ahead my friend, you will always have the green light from me!

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded West Indies 1988 to the Academy. This team won the Test Series in England 4-0.

This team has always had a request so here it is.

By now the time was led by Viv Richards, but many stars had retired such as Joel Garner and Larry Gomes.

The likes of Greenidge, Haynes, Richards, Dujon, Harper and Marshall were still there from the All Conquering 1984 "Blackwash Team" but with the exception of Marshall were beginning to age, but such was the dominance of this team, the decline would not be noticeable until 1990. Though the Windies lost the ODI series 0-3.

This was one of the few series where the talented reserve Gus Logie had a chance to shine and the diminutive Trinidadian had a stellar series.

It was also the series where Walsh and Ambrose began to assert their partnership, under the tutelage of Malcolm Marshall the main spearhead. Ian Bishop, Winston Benjamin and the erratic Balfour "Patrick" Patterson were on the sidelines.

Injuries had set in on this tour so Richie Richardson did not have the key role he could have, but Carl Hooper and Keith Arthurton offered promise.

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Uploaded West Indies 1988 to the Academy. This team won the Test Series in England 4-0.

This team has always had a request so here it is.

By now the time was led by Viv Richards, but many stars had retired such as Joel Garner and Larry Gomes.

The likes of Greenidge, Haynes, Richards, Dujon, Harper and Marshall were still there from the All Conquering 1984 "Blackwash Team" but with the exception of Marshall were beginning to age, but such was the dominance of this team, the decline would not be noticeable until 1990. Though the Windies lost the ODI series 0-3.

This was one of the few series where the talented reserve Gus Logie had a chance to shine and the diminutive Trinidadian had a stellar series.

It was also the series where Walsh and Ambrose began to assert their partnership, under the tutelage of Malcolm Marshall the main spearhead. Ian Bishop, Winston Benjamin and the erratic Balfour "Patrick" Patterson were on the sidelines.

Injuries had set in on this tour so Richie Richardson did not have the key role he could have, but Carl Hooper and Keith Arthurton offered promise.

This was the tour where Monte Lynch, a member of the West Indian Rebel XI in the 2nd South Africa tour, actually played for England in the ODI series.

A meltdown year for England, a summer of 4 captains, I think. Getting was sacked for a ‘tryst’ with a barmaid, Emburey and then Chris Cowdrey got injured, and I think Gooch was the last.

The winter tour to India got cancelled because India wouldn’t accept Gooch as captain because he’d toured South Africa in 81/82, then when Ted Dexter became chairman of selectors he sacked Gooch for Gower, and if anything the summer of 89 was even worse!

This 88 tour was, bizarrely enough, the tour that cemented my love of cricket - god knows why. The only cricket I remember before this was the news about the Gatting / Shakoor Rana argument the winter before

Users who are viewing this thread