PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
22238-list.jpg

:nzf: :ar: Sir Richard Hadlee

Stats

ODI :- 1751 runs @ 21.61 (4 50s, Best 79) and 158 wickets @ 21.56 in 115 matches
List A :- 5241 runs @ 24.37 (1 100, 16 50s, Best 100*) and 454 wickets @ 18.83 in 317 matches

What can be said about this legend? Second in the list of ICC's best ever ODI bowler rankings, he was unstoppable. Will be a great partner to Joel Garner, who is the first in ICC's best ever rankings :p

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
My 2nd pick will be Waqar Younis, one of the scariest pacers at his peak and an ODI legend with 3rd most wickets in the history of ODIs.

Feels good to have the 2W's in my side!

@CerealKiller

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why do the players I target disappear right before my turn? :(

Bevab

Staff Member
:eng::ar:Freddie Flintoff will be my next pick. Arguably the greatest ODI all-rounder and the greatest English ODI cricketer until the current lot retire, Flintoff was very frequently the talisman on whose performances England built their victories. As a first change bowler, he was devastating as one of the top ODI bowlers of his time. He also happened to be one of the most aggressive batsmen of his time striking close to ninety and for a period of three years at his peak, also remarkably consistent with scoring. When Flintoff shone, you just knew he would take England to a win. Unlike his batting, his bowling wouldn’t tail off towards the end and he always remained a remarkable athlete and fielder. His achievements are even more remarkable given how his team would often shoot themselves in their foot with ineffectual and outdated strategies. For a team that never truly got ODI cricket, Flintoff was a superhero who still never gets his fair due in any ATG ODI discussion. Just look at Cricinfo’s description of him

His one-day figures were good without being outstanding

Not outstanding eh? How about you find an all-rounder that averages more than 30 with the bat and below 25 with the ball having played a significant number of matches against quality opposition? Yeah Cricinfo, talk nah.

@Mittal2002

Mittal2002

Club Captain
Continuing the all-rounder picking trend, my next pick is KAPIL DEV.

AnyConv.com__KAPIL DEV.jpg

Batting & Fielding​

FormatMatInnsNORunsHSAveBFSR100s50s6sCtSt
ODI225198393783175*23.79397995.07114710

Bowling​

FormatMatInnsBallsRunsWktsBBIBBMAveEconSR4w5w10w
ODI2252211120269452535/435/4327.453.7144.20310

Kapil Dev was the greatest pace bowler India has produced, and their greatest fast-bowling allrounder. If he had played at any other time - not when Imran Khan, Ian Botham and Richard Hadlee were contemporaries - he would surely have been recognised as the best allrounder in the world. In any case he did enough to be voted India's Cricketer of the Century during 2002, ahead of Sunil Gavaskar and Sachin Tendulkar. His greatest feats were to lead India almost jauntily, and by his all-round example, to the 1983 World Cup, and to take the world-record aggregate of Test wickets from Hadlee. It was the stamina of the marathon runner that took him finally to 431 wickets and only a yard beyond. He was outstanding in his accuracy and ability to swing the ball, usually away from right-handers. And he could hit a ball even more brilliantly than he bowled it, with uncomplicated flair.

@sanchitgarg

sanchitgarg

Club Cricketer
India
Mumbai Indians
So my next pic will be Eoin Morgan and he played for Ireland when he debuted so he will be counted as associate pick.
TitleSpanMatInnsNORunsHSAvgBFSR100s50s0s4s6s
England2009-202122020331687614839.97730194.17134113579201
Ireland2006-20092323274411535.42103871.671536618

He is one of the best players and definitely the best captain England ever had.

Khan Sahab54

#titans
PAK...
AFG...
Lions
RCB...
Zalmi
MS
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
Pakistan
:pak: Babar Azam No.1 ODI batsman.

1. Sachin Tendulkar
3. Babar Azam

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Delightfully, I still have one of my top five draft targets available. It's another player who never played a one-day international:

:saf: :bat: Graeme Pollock

List A stats
- 4,656 runs @ 50.06 (SR: n/a, 12 centuries, best 222*) in 118 matches

Well, there seemed no reason not to repeat the trick of picking a fantastic South African who was denied the chance of a stellar ODI career by South Africa's (right and justified) sporting isolation. As other teams were gearing up for the inaugural World Cup to be played the following English summer, Pollock was playing a record-crushing innings for Eastern Province: his 222 not out would not be topped until Ali Brown's unthinkable innings in 2002 almost 28 years later. Indeed, in a ball-dominated era of one-day cricket in which only on other player in that match would finish with a batting average of over 32 (that being a then-young Ken McEwan's eventual mark of 33.51), Pollock scorched all before him at a startling average of just over 50. What's more, there is nothing to suggest that he wouldn't have carried this on for South Africa had the opportunity arisen, his Test batting average being just over six runs higher than his first-class number. Truly a lost legend to ODI cricket.

Aislabie's XI so far
4. :saf: :ar: Graeme Pollock (top-order hitter)
6. :saf: :ar: Mike Procter (middle-order hitter, express pace bowler)

@Neptune (@Asham still has an invalid pick to make up for)

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
Avengers
Will be picking Bart King, which might seem strange but since I have a pick directly after this, will pick the one player who is the least replaceable to me.
FC Stats - 415 wickets in 65 games @ 15.66

Bart King was undoubtedly the best cricketer to ever play for USA. In 1908, at the age of 35, he visited England and took 87 wickets in 10 games at an average of 11.01.
He was a handy bat too, with an FC ton to his name and a batting average above 20. It is recorded that he played unofficial international matches too and once led the Philadelphia Gentlemen to an innings win over Australia in the 1890s.

Following Aislabie's labelling scheme, my team looks something like this
Neptune's XI
5. :saf: :wkb: AB de Villers
8. :usa: :ar: Bart King :redo: :slvo:

@qpeedore

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
That is a fantastic pick. Truly an outstanding player, and I had wondered if anyone would be brave enough to pick him up as their pre-List A player
I'm thinking along similar lines of player but from a different country

Users who are viewing this thread