Draft: The All-Time One-Day Draft

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
My first non-Test pick is Anshuman Rath. Excellent for Hong Kong, hopefully his dream of eventually representing India will be realised.

Just got home so will edit later with stats and stuff.

@Neptune again.

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Since, my next pick after this comes after 33 other players have been taken, I will take a player versatile enough to fill a few different roles in my team.
And that player is Clive Rice.'
ODI Stats - 26 runs @ 13, 2 wickets @ 57
List A Stats - 13474 runs @ 37.32, 517 wickets @ 22.68

Clive Rice was arguably the best all rounder of his time, and his stats back that up. His ODI career should not be looked at with much scrutiny as he was 42 when he played his first ODI. He will bat at 6 for now but depending on the way the rest of the draft plays out, he might be shifted from that position.

Neptune's XI
5. :saf: :wkb: AB de Villers
6. :saf: :ar: Clive Rice
8. :usa: :ar: Bart King :redo: :slvo:

@Aislabie

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
So this is my last player before a 30-pick break; I'd best make it count.

:wi: :ar: Keith Boyce

ODI stats
- 57 runs @ 14.25 (SR: 74.02, best 34) and 13 wickets @ 24.07 (econ: 3.99, best 4/50) in 8 matches
List A stats - 2,395 runs @ 17.61 (SR: n/a, 1 century, best 123) and 268 wickets @ 16.05 (econ: 3.29,3 5WI, best 8/26) in 164 matches

I've gone for a third pick from the early years of one-day cricket. Keith Boyce's loping, easy run to the wicket belied the explosive pace with which he delivered the ball - pace which was too much for the county sides that he terrorised in the early years of the Gillette Cup and John Player League. All the more remarkable then is that he was scouted into the Barbados team as a leg-spinner, only to be told to bowl fast instead when it was realised that there was nobody else present who could. From that day in 1965, his knees allowed him twelve years of fast bowling before finally packing in: a time which included a first-class nine-for and a one-day eight-for among its finest moments. When added to his dynamic fielding and brutal batting, Keith Boyce really was a Twenty20 superstar born four decades too soon. He bats at number eight in my side, and opens the bowling alongside Procter.

Aislabie's XI so far
4. :saf: :ar: Graeme Pollock (top-order hitter)
6. :saf: :ar: Mike Procter (middle-order hitter, express pace bowler)
8. :wi: :ar: Keith Boyce (lower-order hitter, attacking seam bowler)

@Murtaza96 (@Asham still has an invalid pick to make up for)

Mittal2002

Club Captain
My next pick is ALLAN DONALD.

Batting & Fielding​

FormatMatInnsNORunsHSAveBFSR100s50s4s6sCtSt
ODI164401895134.3127934.050020280
List A4581427354423*7.8800740

Bowling​

FormatMatInnsBallsRunsWktsBBIBBMAveEconSR4w5w10w
ODI164162856159262726/236/2321.784.1531.401120
List A45822856149416846/156/1521.843.9233.4027110

Bio from Cricinfo-
If the credit for South Africa's success in the modern era could be given to one player, that cricketer would be Allan Donald. A classical action and top-drawer pace would have won him a place in any side in his prime, and for much of his career he was the only world-class performer in the South African team, spearing the ball in, shaping it away and always making things happen. His strike rate was below 50 in Tests and close to 30 in one-day internationals. No living South African player, past or present, commands as much respect from the public and his peers as Donald, the first bowler from his country to take 300 Test wickets.

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Bio from Cricinfo-
If the credit for South Africa's success in the modern era could be given to one player, that cricketer would be Allan Donald. A classical action and top-drawer pace would have won him a place in any side in his prime, and for much of his career he was the only world-class performer in the South African team, spearing the ball in, shaping it away and always making things happen. His strike rate was below 50 in Tests and close to 30 in one-day internationals. No living South African player, past or present, commands as much respect from the public and his peers as Donald, the first bowler from his country to take 300 Test wickets.
Don't forget to have him practice his running!

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I’ll go with :wi: :ar: Franklyn Stephenson. A player who never played internationally for obvious reasons, he would go on to dominate domestic cricket with his hard hitting, fine fielding and fearsome fast bowling. His specialty was the moon ball, which he disguised as a bouncer that would deceive batsmen in the air and land as a deceptive yorker. He also had other varieties of the slower ball and an off-break that he could also bowl fast akin to the Fizz at his unplayable best. And whenever needed, Stephenson could absolutely dominate the bowlers with some crazy hitting, battering and shocking them. He was more than happy to meet them head-on and in my side where he bats at eight, he’ll be very useful towards the end. With the ball, expect him to be a major factor in the death overs and a middle overs enforcer.

:wi: :ar: Gary Sobers
:eng: :ar: Andrew Flintoff
:wi: :ar: Franklyn Stephenson

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
MS Dhoni, India's most successful captain and one of the greatest Indian players of all time will be my next pick. 10,000+ runs at an average of 50 and a SR of 87 is just a crazy achievement.

He will do the honors for wicket-keeping, and most probably will be my side's captain as well.

Asad's All-time ODI XI:

5. :ind: MS Dhoni :wkb:
8. :pak: Wasim Akram :ar:
10. :pak: Waqar Younis :bwl:

@Yash.

Users who are viewing this thread