RCB...
LQ
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Ole Mortensen.

o.jpg

Ole Mortensen is a 6'4, Danish fast-medium bowler who played County Cricket for more than a decade and accumulated 434 FC wickets and 219 List-A wickets at an average of 23 and 25, respectively. It is extremely unfortunate for him to have never played ODI Cricket, but his County and ICC Trophy tournaments' stats speak volumes about how he could have been a fairly good ODI pacer.

Apart from half-filling the non-Test players quota, his partnership with the 2W's would be a mouthwatering prospect for all Cricket fans!

From his ESPNCricinfo Profile:

Ole Mortensen was a big, burly, brisk seamer who was a member of the Derbyshire side for more than a decade from 1983. A tax inspector from Denmark, he was established in the Danish national side by the time he first played for Derbyshire's 2nd XI in 1981. Two years later he made his first-team debut, enjoying a memorable debut season, taking 66 wickets including a career-best 6 for 27 (match figures of 11 for 89) in a narrow win over Yorkshire. Accurate and economical, he was particularly effective in the one-day game and was a key part of Derbyshire's 1990 Sunday League success, and his 1 for 41 was crucial in their six-run defeat of Lancashire in 1993 B&H final. He bowed out in 1994 with a benefit, and county matches that summer saw a proliferation of Viking helmets, a tribute to his popularity. For Denmark, Mortensen appeared in four ICC Trophy tournaments (1979, 1986, 1990, and 1994), claiming 63 wickets at 10.41, including 7 for 19 against Israel in Nairobi in 1994. He coached Denmark in the 2001 ICC Trophy.

8. :pak: Wasim Akram :ar:
10. :pak: Waqar Younis :bwl:
11. :den: Ole Mortensen :bwl: :redo: (1/2)

@Yash.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I'll take Jonny Bairstow, just because he's a batsman with an average of almost 50, a strike rate over 100 and a keeper, the skillset which was last seen in a player named AB de Villiers. And not to forget, he opens the batting.

@mohsin7827

mohsin7827

International Cricketer
India
CSK
Birmingham Phoenix
X Rebels
3. Zaheer Abbas

Known as ‘the Asian Bradman’, Zaheer Abbas’ ODI numbers would be impressive even by modern standards. Second on the ICC all time ODI batsman list behind Viv Richards.

Mohsin's XI
3. :pak: Zaheer Abbas :bat:
6. :ind: MS Dhoni :wkb:
7. :saf: Lance Klusener :ar:

@ddrap14

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
I'm going to slide in and take my pre-ODI player. Can't risk Gilbert Jessop any more. And if you're wondering why I'm taking someone you may not have heard of: A first class average of 32 with the bat and 22 with the ball. But not just any 32...
1624307782629.png
He could cane the ball and cane it correctly.

5. :ned: :ar: Ryan ten Doeschate
7. :eng: :ar: Gilbert Jessop
8. :saf: :ar: Shaun Pollock

@Parth D

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
@Parth D now has a late pick
I know it's sudden and out of the blue. However,

I have to go off for a while due to sudden uncalled-for exigencies.

I request my co-owners and co-managers to manage the teams. So sorry to leave it high and dry like this :/

I request the league runners to assign a co-manager on my behalf in leagues where I am managing the team solely.

I request the draft runners to not wait for 24 hours for my picks and let the next person have a go immediately.

(Requesting my pals who read this to reach out to these people who might not be aware of the above. Will mean a lot.)

Finally, I hope I am able to comeback sooner than I expect. Again, sorry for the sudden trouble caused to various counterparts.

Signing off until then.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Gonna hoy one into left field here and go for Sandeep Lamichhane. In the main because I hear good things and he fills one of my non-test nation slots, and means I can pick a truly awful 12th man later on.

@ahmedleo414

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Sandeep Lamichhane
He was definitely on my list of draft targets, and was seventh choice out of the ten Associates I shortlisted. Five of those have gone now (Rashid, Tendo, Morgan, King, Sandeep) so starting to approach the point of having to sift through for more.

I still have a batsman, a spinner, an all-rounder and a couple of keepers (9th and 10th choice respectively) in my ten so not quite panic stations yet

Asham

International Coach
Kings XI
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My correction for the 2nd pick is Joe Root and my 3rd pick is John Davison from Canada as my associate pick.

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My correction for the 2nd pick is Joe Root and my 3rd pick is John Davison from Canada as my associate pick.

Those are some mighty good picks. Davison in particular is very underrated, might have been a Baggy Green in an alternate universe.

Asham

International Coach
Kings XI
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Those are some mighty good picks. Davison in particular is very underrated, might have been a Baggy Green in an alternate universe.
Yeah, Davison is massively underrated, one of the most explosive openers of the 2000s era. The whole Canadian team was dependent on him. He also bowled a handy off-spin and maintained a better economy rate than the frontline bowlers.

Users who are viewing this thread